C&J Energy Truck Supervisor in Andrews, Texas
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
Provides direct supervision of assigned Drivers within the business unit. Ensures that assigned drivers maintain necessary licenses, endorsements and training to meet DOT, NWS and client requirements. Provides assigned drivers the direction necessary for their work assignments, including communicating client feedback to drivers. Develops and maintains good relations with representatives of assigned clients. Monitors ongoing maintenance and repair of assigned equipment and may be required to direct minor maintenance and repair work performed by drivers. The Supervisor performs assigned tasks consistent with DOT, client and NWS operating procedures to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Satisfactorily complete the company's comprehensive Basic Skills Test.
- Satisfactorily complete the company's Opinion Survey.
- Physical ability to perform occasional (less than 20% of the time) medium to heavy manual labor.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of the DOT FMCSA.
- Minimum -- a valid drivers license for non-DOT covered vehicles. Valid, appropriate CDL with required endorsements necessary to operate the assigned DOT equipment is preferred.
- An understanding and use of the basic management concepts and principles including delegation, motivation, discipline, goal setting and performance evaluation.
- Prefer a knowledge of the oil field service related equipment, materials, terminologies and the maintenance of the same.
- A working knowledge of the purpose, capability and limitations of the equipment assigned to the establishment.
- The Truck Supervisor position requires mobility to visit drivers and customers. This may require driving a vehicle for extended periods of time over long distances.
- The Truck Supervisor is directly responsible for the performance of his/her assigned drivers. The Supervisor must communicate with the drivers to determine their needs (manpower and materials.) The Supervisor will be required to be at the work site during critical operations, to ensure safe operating procedures are being followed. Additional time should be spent on the work location to observe the truck drivers in their work activity to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- The Supervisor is responsible for assuring that the daily work tickets are completed and signed when required by the customer. The Truck Supervisor is expected to attend and conduct safety meetings with his/her assigned work group.
- Required to meet with customers through personal visits and phone contacts.
- The Truck Supervisor is required to direct the truck driver in the maintenance of the truck and associated equipment, and the supervisor should have the knowledge of the use of hand tools and other devices to accomplish the task.
- This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the truck operation, Company Standard Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required by the customer, regulatory agencies or the Company.
- Truck Supervisor must audit work tickets based on Company requirements and the work performed for the customer, as well as assure accurate driving log books, pre- trip/post-trip inspections, and maintenance information on the vehicles. This position is responsible for assuring mechanical defects are corrected as they are reported by the truck drivers. This position is responsible for assuring hours worked by the drivers do not exceed DOT maximums.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled