Texas Health Resources EHR Trainer - Revenue Cycle in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources is seeking an EHR Trainer – Revenue Cycle.
Required Minimum Education:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Minimum Experience:
• 2 years of applicable work experience in Patient Access, Pre-registration/Verification, Scheduling or Patient Accounting (Central Business Office)
• 6 Months of Epic experience will be considered in lieu of 3 years of applicable work experience, preferably in Patient Access, Pre-registration/Verification (Epic Grand Central), Scheduling (Epic Cadence) or Patient Accounting (Central Business Office)(Epic Resolute Professional or Hospital Billing).
• No pre-requisite certifications are required
• EPIC’s Grand Central, Prelude, Resolute, Cadence or OpTime certifications are desirable
• Prior training experience and expertise is strongly desired; a passion for the education of adults, clinical experience preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of THR clinical and operational workflows, as well as policy and procedures is beneficial.
• Ability to consistently present scripted training materials to large groups, and to conduct engaging and effective training sessions to diverse audiences including management staff, nurses, medical assistants, ancillary support staff, physicians, mid-level providers (NP & PA) and others.
• Well respected by peers and management and viewed as a trusted resource.
• Patience, with the ability to adapt to challenging classroom situations & personalities.
• Outstanding customer service, people and organizational skills.
• Excellent orientation: Constantly looks for ways to improve personal and organizational performance.
• Ability to maintain a high-level of energy, adaptability and flexibility necessary for this project.
• A prior knowledge and expertise in information technology is not required. The person needs to be comfortable in the use of technology, but it is not necessary to be an “expert”. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, Word) is suggested.
Job Responsibilities (Including but not limited to)
• Go-Live Support
• Issues Management
• Post Go-Live Support and Optimization
• Policies and Procedures
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.