Dell Director International Benefits in Austin, Texas
US Benefits International Benefits Director - Austin, TX The Dell Human Resources team is excited to open this unique and rare position to shape the development and of our international benefits function. Dell, one of the largest global technology employers, is seeking an industry leading expert to architect a highly evolved Benefits Center of Excellence (COE) delivery model. This model would drive regional Compensation & Benefits (C&B) team efficiency, improve governance and oversight, and improve the team member experience through enhanced global platforms and communications. The director would manage a strong team of benefits consultants around the world, and would also collaborate in the implementation of new benefits packages in more than 60 countries designed to support the goals of Dell Technologies and their team members. This role will be based in Austin, Texas, but with the flexibility of Dell’s connected workplace, we will consider mobile working for excellent candidates. Responsibilities:
- Evolve and implement an industry-leading global benefits department through thought leadership, strategic vendor management, strong business and HR acumen, and internal stakeholder partnership
- Strengthen governance model, benefits philosophy and principles
- Proactively initiate strategic planning, opportunity identification and development of annual road maps
- Provide ongoing, valued consultation to regional C&B leads
- Hire and develop expert regional resources with strong technical, analytical, project management and consulting skills
- Hire COE international specialists bringing forward global and regional opportunities for efficiency and value creation
- Retain ultimate accountability for international spend, risk management and outcomes
- Drive marketplace innovation to meet Dell’s goals through strategic suppliers and employer forums
- Bring advanced knowledge of international benefits best practices, regulatory and external market complexities, market trends and innovations
- Use data to align best market solutions to business goals and team member preferences
- Build strong external network of similar employers, cultivating deep market intelligence of peers
Inspire and lead a global team, creating an empowered, collaborative, positive and highly productive work environment
- International benefits thought leadership and experience
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Understanding of emerging market and regulatory trends and impact on business/strategy
- Strong business and HR acumen enabling a benefits vision/strategy that drives high value for Dell and team members
- Ability to provide influential and authoritative advice at the highest senior levels
- Skilled in cross functional support and collaboration
- Proven ability to influence and partner with different levels in and outside the organization to achieve results
- Represent Dell’s HR brand well when dealing with external parties
- Typically 15 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Typically requires 7 years of diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skills (or equivalent)
Core Competencies for Success at Dell:
- Vision : carefully defines goals, and relentlessly communicates a vision in terms that are simple, vivid and compelling to our benefits team, instilling a strong sense of purpose with links to the Dell business and HR strategies.
- Drive: Consistently advances key objectives; demonstrates constructive ambition and positive energy.
- Judgment: relies on facts; deep market knowledge of peers and industry. Uses data to guide choices and facilitate decision making.
- Innovation: applies creative thinking and develops solutions as we monitor and influence the market, and listens to our team members and internal partners. We recommend proven, best-in-class designs and programs, supporting cost efficiency and team member value.
- Winning Together: eager to collaborate, have fun and has the courage to openly challenge and debate things that matter; values diverse perspectives.
Relationships: works hard to build trust in partnerships in all endeavors; open-minded; readily welcomes feedback.
Dellis an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.Dellencourages applicants of all ages.
Organization: *Human Resources
Title: Director International Benefits
Requisition ID: 17000N94