TRC Companies Jr. Environmental Engineer/Scientist in Austin, Texas
Jr. Environmental Engineer/Scientist
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a Jr. Environmental Engineer/Scientist to join our Austin, TX EHS, Engineering, Construction, and Remediation team. This position would be part of a very skilled team that works closely with Project Managers and other technical leads providing technical support for site investigation, due diligence, groundwater monitoring, remediation, and regulatory compliance projects. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and personable individual with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and a desire to be part of a growing and high performing team.
Our Jr. Environmental Engineers/Scientists:
- Support environmental compliance and remediation related projects in the field and office.
- Perform a variety of field work including environmental assessments, environmental investigations, site inspections, and subcontractor oversight.
- Prepare and review technical reports, feasibility studies, work plans, design documents, and construction documents in support of engineering design from pilot to full-scale remediation system design.
- Support management of medium-to-large, complex tasks to ensure internal and external expectations are met for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Assist during proposal development including preparation of work scopes and budgets.
- Travel regionally and state-wide on short and long term assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, agricultural, or environmental engineering or geoscience from an accredited university.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the field of environmental compliance or groundwater remediation consulting and design.
- Demonstrated work experience in any of the following areas: environmental compliance, storm water design, SWPPP/SPCC preparation, Tier II reporting, treatment process design and evaluations, design and implementation of in-situ remediation technologies.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations (RCRA, OPA, NPDES/TPDES, NCP, CERCLA/TRRP, etc.)
- Experience managing project tasks (field and office) and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Four (4) years of experience in the field of environmental compliance or groundwater remediation consulting and design.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation, ESRI, and/or HydroCAD.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification).
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Austin, TX - East Huntland Dr - AUS4