Tech Valley Talent PeopleSoft Functional Lead in Austin, Texas
Tech Valley Talent, a woman owned business located in upstate NY is looking for a PeopleSoft Functional Team Lead for our client - the State of Texas. It is a long term project in Austin, TX. Details follow:
The LCRA Enterprise Financial Operations Re-engineering (EFOR) Project is preparing for the re-engineering of PeopleSoft Financials version 9.2 and Maximo 7.6 with a go-live on December 1, 2018 and requires a Functional Team Lead for the project.
Currently, LCRA has Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Purchasing, Asset Management, Project Costing, Accounts Receivable and Billing from PeopleSoft Financials version 9.2 implemented. With the re-engineering of PeopleSoft 9.2, the system may expand the module scope to include the eProcurement, Inventory, and Time and Labor modules.
This Project Costing module lead position will be responsible for assisting LCRA with the functional planning, building, testing and deployment of the reimplementation for the Project Costing module through go-live. The worker must have extensive knowledge of what is required to perform a PeopleSoft system re-engineering for a reimplementation for the Project Costing Module. This position requires multi-tasking, exercising initiative and independent judgment.
Duties for this position will include:
- Responsible for executing the re-engineering of Project Costing while teaming with the other Functional Leads and the Technical Teams, to ensure the industry best practices and unique business processing needs of LCRA within PeopleSoft are facilitated. PC Lead will be responsible for requirements gathering, design analysis, and implementation of 9.2 functionality within the Project Costing module;
- Responsible for creating the Functional Design Documentation and Interface mapping documentation for Project Costing.
- Responsible for the evaluation of existing customizations in 9.2 and the leveraging of PeopleSoft 9.2 improved functionality, including evaluation of different configurations and customizations for business process streamlining and automation;
- Responsible for all Project Costing Configuration, Design and Build, planning UAT, and coordinating resolution of defects.
- Responsible for identification, documentation, and reporting of project risks to Project Manager and Project Team to determine the appropriate response strategy;
- Leads the Project Costing design sessions by developing solutions to meet LCRA business requirements, assessing Fit/GAPs, new functionality and making recommendations,
- Regularly collaborates with other module leads, monitoring tasks, prioritizing, and optimizing implementation efforts where needed to meet project milestones for Project Costing.
- Project Cost Lead will need to lead, facilitate and support the build of potential new integrations with the other module leads for the following, eProcurement, Asset Management, Inventory, Billing, Time and Labor, and Maximo.
- Leads the functional design sessions with subject matter experts (SME) and in meetings between other stakeholders, project resources, and senior managers to ensure overall completeness, accuracy and quality of the end product;
- Responsible for managing the Project Costing functional design delivery, executing the mock data conversion for all LCRA project data, resolve defects for an acceptable quality level specified by LCRA
- Responsible for the development and documentation of all Project Costing test cycle scripts and scenarios, and the accurate execution reporting during System, Integration and User Acceptance within the test tool.
- Responsible for hand off of the Function Design Documents (FDD) and Interface Mapping details to ensure the Technical Team clearly understands the details for the build/retrofit; (PSQL coding ability is a plus)
- Responsible for iterating with the App Dev team on TDD design until complete, and sign-off on TDD from a functional perspective.
- Works with the technical team to trouble shoot and test any customizations to the solution, including data conversions, reports, interfaces and configuration enhancements of PeopleSoft FCM version 9.2;
- Possesses extensive PeopleSoft Version 9.2 expertise in the Project Costing module, with a clear understanding of any integrations with the other modules (GL, AP, AM, ePro, Inventory, and, Time and Labor) and how to best facilitate external integration points as needed.
- Leads the evaluation of PeopleSoft Project Costing customizations and configurations against best practices within a Utilities environment.
- Evaluates the current PeopleSoft 9.2 system to understand configurations and customizations then determine a Keep/Drop customization list and an improved future configuration state.
- Conducts Joint Application Design/Conference Room Pilot requirement sessions with management, staff and consultants, while assuring accurate and complete documentation is collected and retained as part of the project archive;
- Responsible for ensuring consistent use of standardized processes and forms to manage project documentation, including but not limited to, Functional Design Documents, Key Design Decisions, Change Controls, Risk Registers, Scope Documentation, Configuration Documentation, Business Process Flows and other project documents as needed;
- Works with the internal training resources and other functional module leads to create accurate training materials before they are presented;
- Responsible for design and creation of security including modifications to existing roles and responsibilities and the creation of new roles and user preferences needed for Project Costing.
- Responsible for ensuring Fit/Gap analysis is accurately documented in the Requirements Traceability Matrix by the Project Team;
- Responsible for working with the Technical Team to identify application performance test plans and test data scenarios, and support building scripts and addressing questions in execution of the performance test.
- Responsibility to support training and org impact activities including training plan, organizational impacts assessment, training content, and prepping training team for delivery.
- Responsibility to support deployment activities including cutover plans, and back-out plans.
- Works with LCRA Enterprise Financial Operations Re-engineering (EFOR) project PM and Team Leads to mitigate risks and resolve issues throughout implementation as needed;
- Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner while keeping project stakeholders informed;
- Provides various administrative services and reports necessary to control the project budget, schedule, scope and quality.
The consultant should have extensive experience within PeopleSoft Baseline version 9.2 Functionality and Configuration Capabilities. The consultant should have a history of success leading functional teams for PeopleSoft Implementations using project management best practices.
Other Special Requirements:All entities replying to this request must be able pass an LCRA background check.
II. SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* MINIMUM MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS:*
Experience as a PeopleSoft Project Costing Module lead for multiple large PeopleSoft projects.
Experience in designing, creating, and overseeing large complex high availability PeopleSoft Project Costing module implementations.
Experience managing ERP Development Lifecycles.
Experience performing PeopleSoft System Test, Integration Test, and User Acceptance Test.
Experience with developing PeopleSoft Project Costing efforts.
Experience conducting design sessions with subject matter experts and business process owners to meet business requirements with minimal customizations.
Experience with Microsoft Suite (Projects, Visio, Excel, Word, Power Point).
Proven project team building skills and coordination across multiple modules.
Experience writing detailed Functional Design Documents (FDDs), Configuration Documentation, and Process Re-engineering.
Ability to alter project design direction based on business need, PM or Executive direction.
Experience resolving Project Costing functional and technical issues using development best practices.
Experience in fast paced Project Costing module project, planning, research, analysis and development using the RICEFW Inventory based approach.
Experience writing and reviewing detailed test scripts for Unit, System, Integration, and User Acceptance Test Phases.
Experience with detailed configuration documentation and review in PeopleSoft 9.2 (Maximo 7.5 or higher experience a plus).
Experience teaming with business owners and technical staff in a complex, large scale PeopleSoft environment.
Experience with PeopleSoft version 9.2 and People Tools 8.53 (Maximo 7.5 or similar experience helpful).
Experience with 9.2 based PeopleSoft environment with multiple integrations to and from the Project Costing module (External and Internal).
Communication, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization.
Experience coordinating and collaborating Project Costing module needs with other project team members in a PeopleSoft 9.2 implementation.
Team player skills throughout a PeopleSoft Implementation or Upgrade.
1 to 3
Public sector experience with a Utility or Energy Based company.
Understanding of computer related tools, methods, platforms and operating systems.
Experience with all aspects of Documentation, Planning, Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Phases within other PeopleSoft Modules (A/P, A/R, AM, PO, eProcurement, Time and Labor, and Inventory) a plus.
Experience with all aspects of Documentation, Planning, Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Phases. Experience with Maximo Software.
Ability to set and meet functional team deadlines while maintaining an even disposition under pressure
Experience working through development of Interfaces with a Technical Team through design, build and test phases.
Good teamwork skills, ability to collaborate with other functional and technical staff on the project.
Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to collaborate effectively on diverse teams
We can work with third parties whose candidates are on their direct W2 - no layers.