CDM Smith Senior Construction Representative in Austin, Texas
Requisition ID 18911BR
Job Title Senior Construction Representative
Job Site Location Texas - Austin
Home Office Location Austin, TX
Why CDM Smith? CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Supervising junior construction representatives (CNRP’s) in performance of assigned duties.
• Performing administrative and managerial tasks related to field office and personnel procedures.
• Reviewing and approving contractor change orders.
• Ensuring construction work is being done in accordance with plans and specifications.
• Recommending solutions to complex construction problems.
• Acting as liaison between contractor and client
• Implementing directives, instructions, and policies received from home office and/or client.
• Maintaining accurate records of construction via log books, record drawings and preparation of related reports.
The objective of this position is to direct, supervise and coordinate resident inspection/engineering activities and acts as client representative at large, complex construction sites.
• B.S. degree in engineering or construction preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of construction techniques, standards and application.
• 10+ years of directly related experience.
• Must have strong client skills and a good understanding of technical interface activities
• Must demonstrate strong knowledge of all field organizations and have the ability to plan and organize the activities of a medium-sized team.
Assignment Category Fulltime-Regular
Amount of Travel Required 5%
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.