TRC Companies Senior Project Manager (Utility) in Austin, Texas
The Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) manages large projects and proposals of high risk and significant complexity for the Power Delivery, Field Services, Construction Management and System Studies practices in the Energy Sector. The Sr. PM manages assigned projects from the proposal stage through project completion. The Sr. PM will ensure appropriate resources are assigned to the project and manage resources through the completion and issue of client deliverables on time and on budget as dictated by project scope and schedule. The Sr.PM is responsible for managing project budget and schedule via the change management process and keeping the project accounting system current with project contract value and estimate at completion values. Will be required to direct the activities of an Associate Project Manager or Project Coordinator. The Sr. Project Manager will maintain a high degree of external and internal customer service via clear and timely verbal and written communication and project reporting.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Senior Project Manager is responsible to lead large project teams in successful execution of large projects of significant complexity, risk and breadth, acting as primary project advocate and point of communication.
- Senior Project Manager will be expected to be able to execute projects that include multiple site locations and direct a diverse project team located in multiple remote offices and locations.
- Direct the project related activities of a Project Coordinator and/or an Associate Project Manager
Project proposal development for projects of significant including:
Ensure a clear understanding by all disciplines of project scope and terms
- Facilitate the proposal development including, complex project execution plans, estimation, compilation and on time delivery ensuring all requirements are met
- Facilitate a legal review by TRC Legal Staff prior to contract signing
- Facilitating competitive quotes for multiple subcontracted service and material procurement
- Compiling project risks and effectively evaluating probability, impact and planning for mitigation and contingency
Planning and developing strategic project cash flows
Project resource management including ensuring adequate resources are assigned to the project, monitoring and reporting of man-hours against budget, subcontractor management and procurement execution and tracking. Ability to manage multiple remote resources and coordinate activities across multiple offices
- Project financial management
Ensure the project's budgeted costs and profits are met or improved. Ability to strategize and implement methodology to increase project margins
Ensure timely and comprehensive change order management
- Establishment and maintenance of project cash flows
- Facilitate efficient and strategic project billing, working within company's accounting practices
- Able to implement earned value tracking and cost performance reporting
- Project schedule management including the development and upkeep of project schedules for projects of complexity. Ability to understand and schedule project construction including sequencing of critical milestones. Implement and/or direct the development of resource and cash loaded schedules.
- Understand the requirements of Power Delivery Quality Control Program and ensure appropriate time, resources and schedule milestones are included in project planning and adherence during project execution.
- Project administration including the proper capture and filing off all project documentation including, contracts documents, invoices, meeting minutes, project reports and communications
- Effectively communicate to the client, project team and TRC management including timely accurate internal and external reporting, executing effective efficient project meetings and ensuring communication between all project disciplines.
- Project safety, demonstrating safety is a priority via safety leadership, adherence to TRC and client safety policies.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business or Construction Management from an accredited school or University is required. Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is required
A minimum of 8 years' related experience is required, 12+ years' is preferred
Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills to deal with internal/external clients.
Strong attention to detail to quality control the projects and submit required deliverables.
Experience with appropriate software tools (Microsoft Office, MS Project).
Demonstrated experience managing successful projects of significant complexity and breadth
Knowledge of, and experience with: Project Management, Project Controls, and Construction Management
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Austin, TX - US Highway 183 So - AUS3