Dell Senior Systems Engineer- Central Texas (17000WBF) in Austin, Texas
Senior Systems Engineer- Central Texas (17000WBF)
Job ID R01197
Date posted 10/10/2017
Location Austin, Texas
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Senior Systems Engineer- Central Texas - Remote
Dell EMC is part of Dell Technologies, a worldwide provider of information technology and solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Global Compute and Networking organization for Central Texas. This role is Remote based. This is a quota carrying individual contributor role engaged in pre-sales engineering to sell Dell compute, networking, and data center offerings. This role also requires strong customer skills and account leadership abilities.
The Senior Systems Engineer will support the State of Texas including Austin and East Texas Territory. Responsible for architecting solutions for Commercial and predominantly Public accounts in the territory. Will be responsible for selling Compute, Networking, Hyper Converged, Software and Peripheral, mid-range storage products and services from the Dell/EMC portfolio. Will work closely with three account executives covering accounts and have inside sales support.
- Gains access and manages relationships with executive level technical staff and decision makers
- May devise new approaches/methods to selling enterprise/client products and services
- Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customers environment
- Verifies roles and responsibilities required to support account team
- Understands market and industry data to provide thought leadership to position value of the solution
- Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position the solution
- Provides counsel across account team in analyzing customer requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution using breadth of our products and services
- 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelors degree; or 8+ years with a Masters degree. Engineering, Business or Computer Science related Degrees preferred
- Experience in Public sector also highly preferred, knowledge of contracts and State of TX requirements for purchasing
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization/models effective team leadership
- Works with customers in complex business environments to devise new and innovative solutions to business challenges
- Anticipates customer needs beyond existing scope of enterprise/client products and services
- Candidate can live Austin/Central TX. Travel to East Texas will be required
- SFDC, Dell Systems and forecasting and sales tools experience optimal Company Description With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success. Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past of present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Come join us! For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers LIPriority CommercialSales