C&J Energy Administrative Assistant in Big Lake, Texas
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
The ASSISTANT position is an entry level position that performs assigned administrative duties under close supervision, at a District Office, or for a specialized department in the Houston Office such as Safety, Human Resources, Operations Support, Contracts, or Accounting.
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Satisfactorily complete the company's comprehensive Basic Skills Test.
- Satisfactorily complete the company's Opinion Survey.
- Education requirements: High School Diploma or GED and,
- Minimum of Two years general office experience. Advanced education in the form of a Two year Associates degree or Four year Bachelors Degree may be substituted for the Two years of prior non-NWS office experience.
- Ability to operate 10-key calculator by touch, typewriter, telephone and computer using Microsoft business applications including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have prior knowledge of general accepted administrative practices pertaining to initial assignment, IE: employment; accounts payable, accounts receivable; payroll/timekeeping, purchasing, etc.
- Strong organizational skills for alpha and numerical file maintenance.
Able to travel overnight periodically to attend business activities such as audits or training.
Able to present themselves for work for the duration of the normal work day, 8 am to 5 pm, with one hour off for lunch, Monday through Friday, with occasional additional work during the week and on weekends, to meet process schedules.
Able to perform light and sedentary work activities associated with clerical duties.
Commit to learning and performing all of the tasks related to their assignment.
Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled