J-W Energy Company Compressor Service Technician in Cleveland-Beaumont, Texas
TitleCompressor Service Technician
This position is responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and overhauling natural gas compressor packages in the field or shop. Responsibilities also include installing, commissioning and testing complete compressor package setups on site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs scheduled preventive and corrective field mechanical service on gas compression units.
• Represents the company in a professional manner at all times and provides outstanding customer service while performing all assigned tasks.
• Responsible for submitting accurate maintenance reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily.
• Inventory control – manages the supply, storage and accessibility of parts as well as tools in order to insure an adequate supply to do the work without excessive oversupply or shrinkage.
• Diagnose engine/compressor failures accurately and efficiently.
• Conduct timely rebuilds/overhauls of compressors, engines and controls on gas compressor packages in the field or shop.
• Respond to recurring problems and emergency services, as needed.
• Helps coordinate setting of new units and conducts start-up testing.
• Other duties may include mechanical as well as electrical assignments in regards to natural gas compressor systems and their appliances.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience are required. A minimum of one year in a vocational/technical training or apprenticeship program is preferred.
Some limited proficiency with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
• Advanced knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of diesel or gas engines and compression units.
• Motivated self-starter capable of working independently and efficiently with little or no supervision.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid driver's license.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes.