Waste Management CDL Driver - Dallas, TX in Dallas, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
WASTE MANAGEMENTS CURB SIDE COLLECTION
IS NOW HIRING FOR A
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Performs onsite and in route activities for assigned location in relation to accepting, documenting, sorting, packaging and arranging the disposal of home generated special materials (hazardous and non-hazardous) as well as other related services following federal, state & local regulations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a Safety First culture by complying with safety, environmental, federal, state & local regulations.
- Collection, transportation, packaging and storage of Home Generated Special Materials, hazardous and non-hazardous materials from customer location to warehouse that may include manifesting/BOL and physically loading/unloading of bulk and drum loads.
- Ensure compliance with local and government regulations by reviewing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve issues efficiently.
- Maintain housekeeping and maintenance of company vehicles, ensuring compliance with regulations and company policies.
- Safe and compliant operation of forklift; safely operate vehicle on collection routes per DOT regulations and WM protocols.
- Loads/unloads vehicles at WM and vendor/customer sites.
- Perform warehouse and other operations related duties as assigned.
- Complete daily paperwork, shipping documents, and data entry accurately.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
No supervisory responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None Required.
- Experience: One (1) year experience of safe operation of commercial vehicles. Segregation, packaging and management of a variety of materials including consumer products (chemicals, universal materials, electronics).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial driver license with HazMat and Air Brakes Endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to work with participants and understand variations between programs. Excellent driving skills, an awareness of good safety practices. Demonstrated ability to follow instructions, policies, procedures and able to make judgments based upon training and experience. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
- Effective and concise communication
- Adept decision making
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to deliver results
- Technically proficient to use a “smartphone” for data input and navigation unit
- Basic computer skills
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than __ pounds as part of the work day.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, moderate noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job includes driving routes making collections from customers, climbing onto and off vehicles, transporting materials to recycling/disposal facilities, in the warehouse managing wastes, or in office completing paperwork.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: CDL Driver - Dallas, TX
Requisition ID: 17017003