MWH Civil Superintendent in Dallas, Texas
MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company, is currently seeking a Civil/Structural/Earthworks Superintendent to support a large wastewater infrastructure project in Dallas, TX.
Selected individual will provide leadership and technical support to MWHC craft labor. In conjunction with the Project Management Team, the Civil Superintendent is accountable for providing direction and leadership associated with assigned, self-performed activities. The Civil Superintendent must ensure work is performed on budget, on schedule, in accordance with MWHC Policy and all engineering standards.
• Provide leadership and technical support to foreman and craft labor.
• Profit & Loss Responsibility: Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure activities are executed efficiently.
• Procurement – Coordinate with PM and PE’s to ensure all materials needed to perform specific tasks are procured and available when needed.
• Labor Productivity Reporting, Change Management and Cost Estimating – Coordinate with PM, PE, estimators and foreman to ensure accurate recording of actual cost. Assist in the development of accurate change order estimates and Time and Materials tickets.
• Cost Forecasting - Assist PM with cost forecasting.
• Scheduling – Assist with the creation and maintenance of project schedule.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of MWHC personnel to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Coordinate with PM assist in determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary facilities and controls.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Assist Labor Relations Department in maintaining communications with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning required manpower, etc., as necessary.
• Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Assure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• 4+ years’ experience in a leadership role overseeing heavy civil projects and/or municipal waste water treatment plants projects greater than $5M.
• Expertise in Civil/Structural/Earthworks project work.
• BS degree or a combination of education, experience and/or skills.
Construction, Field Work, Mechanical Engineering
• 10 years of experience running self-perform crews of 5-10 craft workers.
• Ability to organize, control and report the work with commercial acumen.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):