MWH Safety Specialist in Dallas, Texas
MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company is currently looking for a Safety Specialist/Assistant to support a large wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) project in Dallas, TX.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities.
Under limited supervision from the Project Manager, the primary responsibilities are:
• Assist in the control of hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities.
• Assist with work area surveillance inspections, air-sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations.
• Provide documentation of accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities.
• Assist with the creation of documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required.
• Work in a manner to insure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assure employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Additional assignments per Project Manager’s direction.
• Associate's degree in occupational safety/health or related degree.
• At least 5 years of construction and/or industrial safety experience.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Construction, Electrical Engineering, Field Work
• Prior experience with water/wastewater construction.
• Bachelor's degree in occupational safety/health or related degree.
• BCSP certifications.
• O.S.H.A. 510; OSHA 500.
• First Aid/CPR certified and trainer.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):