HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supervisor (RN or Rad Tech)-Interventional Radiology, FT Days in El Paso, Texas
Under the direction of the Radiologist, supervises and performs those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation or other forms of energy. Supervises technologists and students assigned within the department. Activates repairs and controls work progress within those areas of designated responsibility.
Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as Imaging Supervisor.
The Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the activities of the technologists, under the supervision of the Director of Imaging, performing administrative duties of supervision within the department.
- Provides leadership and supervision of the technical staff to provide for the production of high quality radiographic work. Provides leadership and supervision of non-technical staff in assigned section to provide for orderly workflow and quality performance of duties.
- Interviews applicants, recommends new hires, promote, and terminate employment under the guidance of the Director, and in accordance with Human Resources and Corporate Policies and regulations.
- Initiates counseling sessions in accordance with Performance guidelines. Reports and documents problems relating to staffing morale, work, methods, procedures, transfers, and recommends action in all personnel matter for those personnel assigned to him/her, in consultation with the Director of Imaging Services.
- Participates in and oversees ongoing program to provide for an organized atmosphere and pleasant appearance of the physical environment especially in those areas accessible to patients.
- Monitors condition, care and maintenance of diagnostic Radiologic equipment. Provides for documentation of problems, response time of service organization and completion of repair. Deals directly with service organizations to ensure adequate equipment care according to established parameters.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Excellence principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt change.
- Customer Service : Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Transcultural Sensitivity : Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
- Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety : Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
- Educator : Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
- Infection Control : Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
- Performance Improvement : Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
- Financial Accountability : Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
- Information Management : Demonstrates adherence to information management polices and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Communication : Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
- Practices Professionalism : Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
- Ethics/Compliance : Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
- Environment of care : Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
- Job Specific : Imaging Supervisor
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
High School Graduate and 2 years allied health background in an accredited Radiology program or 2 years of college required.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)Texas Department of Health MRT certification required. ARRT registered or registry eligible preferred. Current BCLS certification required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Three years experience/training in diagnostic Radiology preferred. Must be mature and responsible, able to use initiative and independent judgment when necessary, and capable of working without supervision within guidelines established by the Director of the department. Self-motivation with regard to increasing one’s level of understanding and knowledge of the field is important, as is a background that will qualify one to teach diagnostic and Special Procedures.Supervisory or management experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
The Imaging Supervisor is a skilled person qualified by academic and clinical training to provide patient services using diagnostic procedures under the supervision of a physician responsible for the use and interpretation of diagnostic procedures. The Imaging Supervisor is involved with the patients of the physician in any medical setting for which the physician is responsible. The Imaging Supervisor should have a high degree of technical aptitude with an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology. An ability to improve the standard procedures when necessary is essential. The Imaging Supervisor must be able to supervise the work activities of the technologist and ancillary personnel.
The ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary and to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date is also the responsibility of the Coordinator, Radiology and the Physician.
Ability to motivate and supervise assigned personnel; ability to train new personnel; ability to determine appropriate course of action when dealing with unique situations; ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an effective manner. Ability to move patients’ from bed or stretchers utilizing proper body mechanics. Having to stand for long periods of time.Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Title: Supervisor (RN or Rad Tech)-Interventional Radiology, FT Days
Location: Texas-El Paso-Del Sol Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01512-17522