Martin Marietta Utility in Fort Worth, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Requisition ID 2017-2862
Division Southwest Division
Martin Marietta, an American company and a member of the S&P 500 index, is a leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, with operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Caribbean, and dedicated teams transforming more than 100 years of irreplaceable natural resources into the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live. Martin Marietta’s Magnesia Specialties business provides a full range of magnesium oxide, magnesium hydroxide and dolomitic lime products.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
The Utility – Crew-member will perform cross-functional duties in plant maintenance, production, and equipment operation. Duties include greasing and lubricating plant equipment, maintaining plant housekeeping, operating equipment and performing routine maintenance on plant and equipment. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Assist in plant operations including production, quality control, loading and shipping
- Assist with preventative and routine maintenance on mobile and plant equipment
- Must be willing to cross train in all plant areas
- Learn to operate plant-specific mobile equipment
- Perform daily pre/post-shift inspections on equipment and maintain maintenance log
- Follow all safety rules, regulations and procedures as set forth by the Federal and State agencies & Company policies
- Demonstrate a positive, upbeat attitude and energy level toward teammates, peers, and customers
- Maintains good housekeeping in areas of responsibility
- Other duties as requested
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 year equipment operation, plant operation, or maintenance experience required
- Ability to learn rapidly, follow directions, acquire acceptable work habits such as punctuality, skill, neatness and dependability
- Must be able to read and interpret gauges/dials and make competent decisions related to processing equipment
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and be able to read, understand, and convey work instructions and assignments
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
- Service oriented and a team player with a "can do" attitude
- Must be able to work irregular shifts and work days/nights and weekends
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner. This job requires the ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots and hearing protection
- Must be able to climb stairs to a height of 100 ft. and work at this height
- Ability to operate radio, CB radio, computer and other equipment as required
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around all areas of equipment
- Lift up to 50 lbs. to waist level and carry 20 yard
- Ability to use hand tools such as grease guns, shovels, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
- Working conditions
- Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 dbs
- Will work in varied environments (in all weather conditions heat, cold, wet, humid, dry and/or dusty conditions)
- Exposure to cement, clay, limestone, shale, and other raw materials and various chemicals, solvents and lubricants
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans