First Command Financial Services (Corporate) Vice President, Digital Solutions in Fort Worth, Texas
The Vice President – Digital Solutions is responsible for defining and leading the organization’s digital solutions and capabilities transformation activities to create the next generation of client and advisor engagement leveraging both current and emerging digital platforms across voice, mobile, desktop, social, email, text and search driving an easy to use, efficient and effective omni-channel experience. The role will evaluate tools and technologies which can accelerate identification and delivery of these experiences such as web content management, artificial intelligence, Cloud, Mobile Apps and eCommerce accelerators. The scope of the solutions will cross all the organization’s businesses including banking, investments, insurance and financial planning. The goal being to better enable more timely and accurate personalized communications and transactional capabilities to prospects, clients and advisors.
The Vice President Digital Solutions must be a leader with demonstrated success in solving large-scale enterprise problems that cross departmental boundaries and have experience working in partnership with the business units, Marketing, BIS and third party partners to lead the design, implementation and deployment of the new capabilities and solutions. They must be a seasoned business leader who is prepared to listen and understand our challenges to increase awareness, brand loyalty and advocacy through improved use of customer engagement platforms and various transactional and behavioral data.
This position is integral to the vision and strategy of the organization. They will report directly to the Chief Digital Officer and lead a team of digital and omni-channel solution team leads and third party resources while providing integration leadership for the BIS project managers and resources assigned to build the Digital / Omni-channel Solutions.
- Work with the leadership team and outside strategic partners to develop the digital platform capability vision and the strategy to deploy it across the organization;
- Lead the creation and execution of an integrated digital platform; including defining the organization structure and staffing the resources to build a best-in-class team;
- Evaluate and in partnership with BIS select the right technology and solutions providers to enable the solution;
- Identify and collaborate with Legal for IP and Patent protection on systems and methods inventions;
- Benchmark in regard to direct, experiential and perceptual competitors as well as client and advisor expectations to assure we are delivering easy to use, efficient, fully functional and compliant financial services digital solutions and capabilities;
- Work with the Data Analytics and Insights Leadership to define and develop the data necessary to support the digital capabilities platform;
- Provide direction on customer engagement technologies and data trends including social media, search, email, texting, instant messaging, medical records, pictures, voice, videos and sensor data, and determining which data should – and shouldn’t – be captured and how it would be leveraged;
- Recruit and hire a best-in-class team, including contractors, and agencies to deliver on goals.
- BA required; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 10-15+ years leadership experience;
- Extensive experience in project, program and portfolio management planning and execution;
- Extensive knowledge in digital and omni-channel customer (client and sales) engagement capabilities and solutions;
- “Agile” systems development experience a plus;
- Financial services industry experience a plus; operating in a highly regulated industry a plus;
- Successfully led strategic digital and/or omni-channel sales and marketing capabilities implementation in another company.
Knowledge, Skills, Behavioral and Technical Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge and capabilities associated with all aspects of sales, marketing and data functions;
- An expert in using digital technology to create new business models that improve the client experience as well as grow the business;
- Exposure to gamification techniques a plus; skilled in UX/UI disciplines a plus;
- Strong understanding of marketing platforms, social media, email, search engine optimization texting, instant messaging and marketing, content management, commerce cloud computing, mobility and data analytics and insights;
- Solid analytical and organization skills;
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to generate trust and build alliances in the organization;
- Ability to collaborate across multiple departments and lead by influence in a matrix organization;
- A strong and empathetic listener, able to engage with others verbally in a range of styles and contexts;
- A strategic and critical thinker with enough attention to detail who regularly seeks innovative solutions to complex business/technical issues;
- Able to build cohesive teams and achieve goals through influence;
- Is data driven and comfortable using data to drive decisions and rally support;
- A high energy, results-oriented leader and self-starter with little supervision required;
- An individual with the utmost professional and personal integrity;
- Willingness to travel to the Field to better understand their needs;
- Strong change leadership skills; ability to lead a bold charge to take the organization to the next level.
Tracking Code: 1124-206
Job Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Company Location Description: Headquarters
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular