CB&I Pipe Welder in Freeport, Texas
Title: Pipe Welder
Location: United States-Texas-Freeport
Lays out, fits, and welds, fabricated heavy plate steel,and components to assemble structural forms, tanks and pressure vessels.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly,and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps,andtack welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipmentand welds parts using arc,gas shielding arc,automatic wire feed,or gas welding equipment.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, andreassembling parts using cutting torch and hand tools.
- May assist with scaffold erection.
- Technical Certification or NCCER required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Work within precise limits or standards ofaccuracy.
- Being proficient in SMAW, GTAW and GMAW welding processes.
- May require x-ray qualities.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Pipe
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: May 17, 2017, 7:22:16 AM
Requisition ID: 1705090
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.