CB&I Pipe Welder in Freeport, Texas
Title: Pipe Welder
Location: United States-Texas-Freeport
Lays out, fits, and welds, fabricated heavy plate steel,and components to assemble structural forms, tanks and pressure vessels.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly,and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps,andtack welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipmentand welds parts using arc,gas shielding arc,automatic wire feed,or gas welding equipment.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, andreassembling parts using cutting torch and hand tools.
- May assist with scaffold erection.
- Technical Certification or NCCER required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Work within precise limits or standards ofaccuracy.
- Being proficient in SMAW, GTAW and GMAW welding processes.
- May require x-ray qualities.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Pipe
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: May 17, 2017, 7:22:16 AM
Requisition ID: 1705090