C&J Energy Administrative Assistant I in Houston, Texas
Job Title: Administrative Assistant I
The Administrative Assistant I position is an entry level position that performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. This could be in a general capacity in a District, Regional, or Headquarters office, or for a specialized department such as Safety, Human Resources, Operations Support, Contracts, Accounting, Supply Chain, etc.
- Develops and utilizes comprehensive knowledge of company processes, policies and systems to perform some or all of the following activities: invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, time entry, DOT logs, purchasing, receiving goods, answering phones, travel arrangements and expense reconciliation, pre-employment processing, maintaining local files, disbursing uniforms, updating equipment utilization logs, creating fuel reports, etc.
- Assists Managers, Supervisors and employees as required to facilitate the efficient operation of the assigned location / department.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the immediate supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have prior knowledge of general administrative practices pertaining to initial assignment, IE: employment; accounts payable, accounts receivable; payroll/timekeeping, purchasing, etc.
- Ability to operate 10-key calculator by touch, telephone, and computer using Microsoft business applications including: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prior experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP or Oracle si preferred.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills to efficiently handle a variety of daily tasks while maintaining flexibility to meet shifting priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Good problem assessment and problem solving skills
- Teamwork and Customer Orientation.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and,
- Two years general office / administrative experience. Advanced education in the form of a two or four year Degree may be substituted for the Two years of prior non-C&J office experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled