Comcast Analyst 3, Billing Systems - Implementation in Houston, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
This job is being posted for Houston, TX candidates. Candidates will also be considered for our Livermore, CA, Everett, WA, Denver, CO, Portland, OR and St. Paul MN locations.
Responsible for creating and implementing Residential and Commercial projects within the West Division IS ImplementationTeam which include new biller functionality, new product launches, standardization efforts and biller release efforts. Ensure that billing system projects are implemented on time and are accurate. Maintain a project plan for each project including project information. Maintains high level of quality control, through automated and manual validation. Partner with other business units to determine priority and level of effort. Assist junior team members in executing these changes. Develop methods and procedures to support team responsibilities. Analyze requests to ensure that they align with National and Division standards as well as with Comcast Business practices. Presents special requests to management and provides cost-benefit analysis utilizing technical knowledge and understanding of departmental methods and procedures. Conforms to regional and corporate standards where appropriate. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Provides special project planning, implementation support, and direction.
- Analyzes, communicates, tests, and Q/As complex releases and upgrades ensuring zero negative customer impact.
- Provides support to end users. Identifies problem causes and solutions for billing and operations programs.
- Completes basic and complex change requests within the required defined timeframe insuring no unplanned customer or revenue impact.
- Logs all requests and provides monthly Key Performance Indicator reports demonstrating performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve break/fix tickets within SLA
- Coordinates changes with vendor and Data Center. Provides 24/7 production supports when necessary, troubleshooting issues so as to have the least customer impact.
- Provides special project planning, implementation, and direction. Projects may include, but are not limited to: new product launches, CSG releases, CSG enhancements, new billing system functionality projects.
- Maintain data integrity across billing platform
- The ability to make changes in CSG/BCE to support code tables, UDF changes, enhanced campaigns, discounts, customer discounts, tax changes, OJC changes and SVP changes.
- Detailed knowledge of ACSR/CSG Billing System.
- Lead project planning and post mortem calls with Region or and Division partners
- Manage Project Plans and Validation Plans
- As part of the QC process, insures that projects are validated before and after being implemented into the billing system.
- Create standard templates and process documentation within project workbooks.
- Gather and document requirements
- Evaluate existing processes and provide feedback to the manager on process improvements
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Understand the complexity of CSG and how parameter changes impact all aspects of the business.
- Leads projects of all sizes and level of complexity.
- Must understand customer PII and CPNI data.
- Expected to manage daily workload and priorities based on date commitments.
- Works with little to no supervision
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- 3-5 years of advanced ACSR experience
- Information Services or QC experience
- Advanced Excel and/or Access Database knowledge to manage changes to CSG.
- Able to work flexible hours, including early morning, late nights, and weekend to manage CSG releases, large project launches, macro automation kick off, and to achieve deadlines
- Expected to travel as needed, generally 2 times per year
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Participate in On-Call rotation.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with database applications, tables and queries
- Highly developed data analysis skills, problem solving, decision-making and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Self-motivated, high energy and able to work in constantly changing and often stressful environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer