Bristow Group AP Specialist in Houston, Texas
Operating as a key member of the Shared Services team, the individual in this role will provide expertise in the payment process as well as issue resolution for the global AP Shared Services back end function located in Houston, Texas. Primary responsibilities include making payment runs and providing customer service to our vendors for the back end of AP. This is a temp to hire role.
P rimary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research vendor inquires or issues in a timely manner.
- Provide quality customer service with each incoming and outgoing telephone call, written request and interaction with internal and external customers as well as with subordinates and co-workers.
- Coordinates with procurement regarding PO’s; matches invoices to PO’s using 3 way match; obtains other backup documentation for payment of legitimate invoices and other outgoing transactions
- A/P payment process (checks, ACH, wires and positive pay)
- Review the Supplier Aged Report and provide effective follow-up to clear.
- Assist with 1099/1042 year-end process.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted and company established accounting policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma is required
- 4+ years prior related experience is preferred
- Shared Services background preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook and Excel spreadsheets
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Handle multiple projects and assignments in addition to daily activity
- Possesses and applies knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures
With its headquarters in Houston, Texas, Bristow Group is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated, and one of two helicopter service providers to the offshore energy industry with global operations. With recent acquisitions of premium regional air carriers, Bristow provides point-to-point scheduled and charter transportation services, combining fixed-wing with rotary-wing services to clients around the world. Bristow has proudly served the offshore oil transport industry in major exploration and production arenas for 60 years and has been responsible for many industry-leading technological innovations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bristow Group will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: R-0000540