CB&I Buyer in Houston, Texas
Location: United States-Texas-Houston
The Buyer is responsible for basic purchasing of materials and services at the lowest cost to CB&I using procurement processes that maintain consistency with schedule requirements.
- Performs bid evaluations and issues purchase orders for materials and services.
- Ensures all purchase orders are complete and reference all necessary conditions and deliverables, including signatures, marking, packaging, payment, documentation and shipment details.
- Identifies problems and discrepancies that may occur and assists in implementing corrective action.
- Ensures work is being coordinated between other departments, offices, fabrication and construction to meet project requirements.
- Ensures effective management of procurement procedures as established in company policies/CMS.
- Maintains and promotes a focus on CB&I’s end product, whether procurement, engineering, fabrication or construction-related.
- Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control of assigned work.
- Minimum 7 year experience in Buyer role.
- Minimum 5 years of total experience.
- Working knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices, materials, products and the commodity market in area of specialization.
- Skilled in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids.
- Must have EPC experience
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Well-organized and able to work on multiple critical issues simultaneously.
- Highly analytical and capable of soft-mapping processes to determine areas for improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to quickly learn complex software and teach others.
- Works well with others and understands the value of teamwork.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Intrinsically motivated to succeed and has a high desire for achievement.
- Energetic and highly reliable.
This position is located in Houston, Texas.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Purchasing
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2017, 1:10:41 PM
Requisition ID: 1706502
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.