Williams Companies Commissioning Project Manager in houston, Texas
Commissioning Project Manager
Number of Openings: 1.0
Location: Houston, Texas 77056
Operating Area/Functional Area: Engineering Services
*Bring your energy to ours. Help us become the premier provider of large-scale natural gas infrastructure in the United States. * At Williams, we’re focused on being great. If you are a high-performer and are committed to contributing to something much bigger than yourself, you are going to love working here. We’re well positioned to help meet the growing demand for natural gas as a cleaner-burning domestic energy source.
Hear from our employees on why they chose a career at Williams: https://williams.wistia.com/medias/zsgtf87fb1
Our organization is seeking a Commissioning Project Manager to join our workforce. The Commissioning Group coordinates and executes commissioning and startup for Compressor Station and other pipeline facilities. The Commissioning Project Manager will be responsible for leading a commissioning team through the commissioning process.
This position can be located anywhere within one hour of an Atlantic Gulf facility or Division Office.
• Assist in the team development and providing on-site leadership throughout the commissioning effort.
• Direct the implementation of the Facility Completion Process Standard (01 91 11D) with team members and coordination of commissioning activities.
• Work with the Commissioning Supervisor to schedule pre-commissioning meetings, staff commissioning teams, and mobilize teams to site.
• Confirm that the staffing requirements within the commissioning process (FCP) are adequate to meet the proposed in-service date.
• Continuously monitor the commissioning process against the site plan in order to make any resource
adjustments as necessary.
• Assist with development, review and execution of FAT Testing, Software testing, Commissioning Work Plans (FCP), Gas Handling Plans, and Vendor Checklists.
• Assist with the scheduling and coordination of all vendor representatives required for commissioning effort.
• Work with project inspection staff to ensure that all necessary contractor involvement with start-up assistance is provided.
• Coordinate work with Operations and other functional groups within the company to schedule all activities, outages and approvals necessary for the team to perform commissioning tasks.
• Communicate status of all commissioning activities to Project Leader and other stakeholders. Participate in Project Status Meetings.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred and/or technical degree/training with relevant experience.
• 5 years of pipeline, meter station, and compressor station experience.
• 5 year of commissioning experience.
• Commissioning leadership experience is preferred.
• Have familiarity with construction practices.
• Familiarity with DOT 192 regulations as related to relief valve and similar equipment.
• Have excellent teamwork, communications skills and shared ownership practices are also essential.
• Ability to travel 75%
• Experience with a variety of prime driver and compression equipment packages, End device calibrations, skidded and non-skidded ancillary systems and electrical/controls is highly preferred.
• Must possess an ability to work in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, PDF Editor, and other scheduling and supporting software programs.
• Must exhibit exceptional skills with reading of engineering prints and other technical schematics.
Regular/Temporary Assignment: R
FLSA Status: E
Shift: N-Not Applicable
Percent of Travel: Up to 75%
Relocation Offered: Yes
Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected under applicable discrimination law.