PwC Cybersecurity Core Security Director in Houston, Texas
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
Across industries, our clients are focused on improving business performance, responding quickly and effectively to crisis situations, and extracting value from transactions. Our growing Consumer Industrial Products and
Services industry team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help a diverse set of clients around the world anticipate and address their most complex business challenges. CIPS includes multiple sectors: Automotive, Energy, Industrial Products, Retail and Consumer, and Utilities.
Our Cybersecurity and Privacy Consultants are a team of business integrators with extensive consulting and industry experience who help our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy through execution. A Cybersecurity and Privacy consulting career may provide the opportunity to grow and contribute to our clients' business issues every day, applying a collection of security spectrum capabilities, including security strategy and governance, IT risk, security technologies, and cybercrime and breach response.
Minimum Years of Experience: 10
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Certification(s) Preferred: CISSP, CISM, or CISA
Demonstrates proven expertise and success with implementing security architecture and strategies, delivering consulting security solutions to clients that emphasize:
- Aligning and integrating the Infosec strategy with corporate security and business goals;
- Establishing, communicating, and maintaining a charter for the security management function;
- Developing and maintaining the overall Infosec strategy, mechanisms for policy enforcement, definition of ownership, monitoring mechanisms, and process and controls;
- Designing and maintaining security architecture for an enterprise both at the enterprise and solution level
Demonstrates proven expertise and success in a role leading and collaborating directly with senior management on client-facing business development, engagement delivery, practice development and thought leadership related to Information Security solution development, assessment and implementation.
Demonstrates proven expertise and success managing project workstreams in a system security, controls or information security management environment, specifically one or more of the following information security domains:
- Security Architecture and Strategy (Integrated Risk Management);
- Identity & Access Management;
- Data Leakage Prevention; Focus on Data Flow, Encryption;
- Large Complex Program Execution/Implementation;
- Security Function Design and Governance;
- Incident Management;
- Security Infrastructure.
Demonstrates proven expertise and success with leveraging and interpreting security industry standards (ISO 27001/27002, NIST 800 series, COBIT), especially relating to managing internal controls, risk assessments, business process and internal IT control testing or operational auditing.
Demonstrates proven expert-level abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
Demonstrates proven expert-level abilities as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking and providing guidance, clarification, and feedback to less experienced staff.
Demonstrates proven expert-level abilities and success with leveraging creative thinking and problem solving skills, individual initiative, and utilizing MS Office and Lotus Notes, in conjunction with the following:
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats, including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts, collaborating with business development teams responsible for writing and presenting proposals to prospective clients, and present to senior executives while fostering and maintaining lasting relationships.
- Demonstrating extensive aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data.
- Managing a team and/or workstream on an engagement(s), staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital.
- Identifying and addressing client needs while displaying the ability to contribute to the development of a business vision and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities.
- Supporting practice management for a specific operation or process.
- Managing and/or contributing to project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagement workstream(s)