Clover Global Solutions, LP Data Science Specialist in Houston, Texas
We are actively seeking Data Science Specialist for an independent operator. The ideal candidate will have experience with cloud offerings, specifically Azure.
Interested? Read on and Apply!
The primary responsibility of the E&P IT Specialist Data Science, Analytics is the technical implementation of an enterprise class machine learning environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for constructing high quality computer based probabilistic models to answer business problems, providing technical recommendations in support of an machine learning roadmap, developing the infrastructure necessary to interact with models and establish sustainable methods for deployment and support of the models.
The Analytics Specialist Data Science position is a business facing role, accountable for the end-to-end usage and value creation for analytics models and workflows. The ideal candidate will have a computer science degree or equivalent, 5-10 years’ experience, a high level of mathematical and statistical knowledge, a deep understanding of the business function and industry best practices; and the ability to recognize data patterns and relate them to real world scenarios.
The successful candidate will work closely with an Asset, Functional Excellence, and IT teams on a variety of projects from framing through deployment and ongoing continuous improvement efforts. Work will include strategic reviews, profiling and scoring opportunities, data identification and cleansing, problem solving, process reengineering and business engagement.
Strong people and communication skills, and sound analytical and interpersonal skills are essential for success in this position. A strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes is needed.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interpret key business problems and hypothesize/targets for improvement into actionable machine learning task
• Build and deploy Machine Learning infrastructure
- High performing Machine Learning models
- Provide statistical verification of model quality
- Easily accessible middleware layers for interactions with models
- Maintain versioning and documentation of model builds for backwards capability and audit purposes
- Organize and monitor support of models in production
• Analyze and apply the results of the model to the business problem
• Conduct opportunity reviews to evaluate readiness, value, and delivery capabilities
• Understand business process work flows and applicability to models
• Develop ETL and Data Repository solutions to support machine ,earning and analytics projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5-10 years significant and relevant E&P engineering experience
- Proven experience with relationship management
This suite of services provides our clients a comprehensive solution for the Energy Industry's global footprint. Clover's clients include Super Majors - publicly traded integrated operators, mid-majors, pioneering independents, engineering and construction firms, oilfield service companies, private equity and venture capital funded firms.
Clover's growing reputation attracts the most highly-regarded industry talent who are actively seeking global opportunities and new challenges. Connecting both client and candidate is where Clover's technologies are changing how projects are staffed and managed.