DCP Midstream Engineer II 600322 in Houston, Texas
_About DCP Midstream:_ _ _
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids production ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
_Day to day:_
DCP Asset Engineers are charged with the responsibility of providing technical support to the plant that they are assigned to. This support includes process simulation modeling, scope, design, cost estimates, bidding, installation and management of small projects at their plant and associated compressor stations. Performance monitoring and improvement are key roles in this position.
_What you will be responsible for:_
- Building and maintaining various process simulations for your plant and compressor stations
- Trouble shooting process problems in any of the systems at your plant and compressor stations
- Monitoring the performance of the plant and compressor stations assigned to you
- Working with the Operators and supervision at your assigned facilities to increase performance
- Providing technical support for the Process Safety Management of your plant and compressor stations
- Scoping, design, cost estimates, bidding, contractor selection, installation and management of small projects
- Assisting other Engineers with their projects as necessary and helping them trouble shoot systems
- Participation in incident investigations, various kinds of meetings, training and commercial support
- Bachelors in Engineering – preferably Chemical and/or Mechanical Engineering
- 4 to 8 years of experience in Natural Gas & NGL conditioning, treating, processing and compression
- Process simulation skills on Promax and Hysys or other similar software packages
- Competent in all Microsoft Office tools and willing to learn to use scheduling software
- Valid driver’s license and be willing to drive company vehicles
- Great people skills and ability to work with new vendors
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
Title: Engineer II 600322
Requisition ID: 17000411