Marriott Franchised General Manager in Houston, Texas
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME UNLESS YOU ARE "BEST OF CLASS"
Be the General Manager for the JW by Marriott Hotel of the Year!
Pearl Hospitality is a visionary and dynamic company that is well-known for achieving insurmountable success that break all barriers.Our prestigious JW Marriott Houston Downtown is seeking a first class General Manager with a strong and proven full-service large 5-Star hotel background as a General Manager. If you are a match for the qualities and skills below, we would like to review your resume and your background.
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely guest oriented, highly disciplined and never say die.
- You have an uncanny ability to create strong leaders.
- You have a mentoring spirit and are highly accountable to everyone you work with.
- You have the drive and determination to help create an enduring great company.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
The General Manager reports to the COO and is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the company culture within the hotel departments. The General Manager must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to grow and mentor team members who are accustomed to success. The General Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the hotel (housekeeping, front office, food & beverage, sales, engineering, optimizing profit) as well as higher level budgeting and forecasting. All candidates must show demonstrated achievement as an executive level team member at a full service hotel. We offer excellent salary and bonus structure, as well as a great opportunity for upward mobility. We also offer a complete benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental, Life, 401K, and PTO.
- Foster the company culture
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Oversee hotel managers to inspire loyalty and maximize profitability
- Participate in community and industry organizations as the hotel representative
- Manage guest and community relations
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as with our company standards and procedures
- Ensure that all managers maintain hotel cleanliness, maintenance and asset management
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Maximize revenue through cost control, yield management and ongoing sales calls
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Daily hotel inspections with attention to detail to ensure the highest quality standards
- Conduct company required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Train department managers to deliver the highest performance
- Timely execution of associate evaluations
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Must be compliant of brand standards and company standards and procedures
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all hotel guests, associates and vendors
- Always utilize a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies or undesired conduct
- Knowledge of life safety systems including locations of pull stations, extinguishers and building layout
- Develop and implement annual budget with ongoing monitoring of budget
- Must review and approve annual Marketing Plan and ensure compliance of implementation
- Must maintain physical asset to the highest level with compliance to the budget guidelines
- Must create plan of actions for continual improvement of guest satisfaction scores
- Must assist in creation of annual capital budget
- Must be able to analyze monthly P&L for ongoing control of expenses and maximization of revenue
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
- Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of the company, the hotel and the associates
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Property Leadership
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 170025EN