Exterran HR Generalist in Houston, Texas
Job Type:Full Time
Location:TX - Houston 77041 Ofc
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Holdings (NYSE: EXH) is a $2.7 billion publicly traded company with about 10,000 dedicated professionals working in more than 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent E&P and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Position Summary: Business Partner to Engineering management responsible for providing complete Human Resources support in assigned Regions including UAE, Oklahoma, and Houston. The HR Generalist will be responsible for Administering policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following the following activities within their assigned groups:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Serve as internal consultant to company management team, supervisors and employees on personnel issues that affect performance and business relationships.
· Building relationships with universities and other programs for engineering
· Must be familiar with engineering development plans and done EDP recruiting
· Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
· Manage the recruiting, candidate screening and selection processes to proactively meet organizational customers hiring requirements.
· Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
· Trains management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
· Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
· Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
· Provide guidance and respond to employee and supervisor questions regarding benefits, compensation and salary administration.
· Assist supervisors/department heads in preparation of performance and salary reviews.
· Provide guidance to supervisors and employees regarding policy and HR program administration and interpretation.
· Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
· Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
· Assist supervisors/department heads in terminations and disciplinary hearings as needed.
· Lead the preparation and investigation of EEO charges, unemployment claims, and other employee complaints and concerns.
· Must comply with all applicable safety and environmental policies and procedures.
· Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Tools:
· Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to travel up to 25% at times
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work, managing several projects simultaneously.
· Ability to interface effectively with employees, various levels of management, as well as external customers and service providers.
· Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in interpreting and applying policies to problems.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· B.S. degree in Human Resources or business related field required.
· Five to seven years related experience
· Must have supported an engineering group in a current or prior role
· Must have global experience in the Middle East
Apply To This Job