Exterran Internal Controls Manager in Houston, Texas
Internal Controls Manager
Job Type:Full Time
Location:TX - Houston 77041 Ofc
Department:Accounting / Finance
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Holdings (NYSE: EXH) is a $2.7 billion publicly traded company with about 10,000 dedicated professionals working in more than 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent E&P and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Manages the daily activities and assessment of internal controls in support of management's annual assessment of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR). This includes providing training, guidance, consultancy and testing of these controls across the international platform of Exterran.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role carries the following performance standards and expected duties/responsibilities:
· Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, finance and IT controls and related standards
· Develop and monitor plan for completing the annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting
· Assist in conducting the annual fraud risk assessments
· Manage staff by providing direction and guidance on the identification, evaluation, and documentation of complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
· Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement controls
· Train staff on technical competencies and Internal Control Group practices and procedures
· Coach staff informally providing on-the-job training and feedback. Conduct formal performance evaluations as required.
· Contribute to positive working relationships with internal clients and team
· Develop relationships allowing organization to view this role as a “true business partner”
Internal Cross Working Relations (Departmental)
This role, due to the nature of the underlying business processes, must be person who has the ability to interact both up and down within the organization. Additionally, this role must interact well with all of the Company’s functions including, but not limited to: Accounting, Treasury, Human Resource, Legal, Payroll, Operations, Tax and Information Technology.
External Working Relations (External to Exterran)
This position coordinates, as discussed above, with global operations across all functions as well as being a direct conduit to interaction with the Company’s External Auditor in evaluating, testing and communicating Internal Control matters. This role supports communications to the Company’s Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience or Training
Demonstrated experience with internal controls, risk assessments, business process and internal control testing or operational auditing
Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO preferred
Successful experience identifying controls and developing and executing test plans
Successful experience managing teams while balancing multiple projects and deadlines Relevant Business & Technical Skills:
Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills
Understanding of project planning/management concepts and tools
General knowledge of IT security administration and controls
Experience with SAP's Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) products a plus.
§ Strong working knowledge of Oracle and other Company software is a plus
§ English, but other languages like Spanish are a plus
Preferred Skills, Education or Training
BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Information Systems Administration or related field preferred
CPA, CIA, and/or CISA, preferred
5+ years of related experience in within professional services, external audit or audit of applications, operating systems, and databases
Strong technology understanding is a plus.
Apply To This Job