C&J Energy IT Network Engineer I in Houston, Texas
Job Title: IT Network Engineer I
General Description: Provides daily ongoing deployment, configuration, support, administration, maintenance and technical solutions to various technology components that make up the IT Infrastructure -- Network environment.
- Develops or modifies IT Network Systems to meet business objectives.
- Maintain and implement technical solutions, specifications, and documentation for various sized projects or daily support initiatives.
- Works with multiple customers, stakeholders, and system owners to produce requirements, determine feasibility, analyze cost/benefits requirements, and recommend design solution options.
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge.
- Completes routine preventative measures and maintains/monitoring network security.
- Provide advanced level expertise (Tier III) on IT issues related to the network including wired, wireless and network access control.
- Ensure company standard network technologies are being followed, including proper performance and capacity standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, interacts well with technical and non-technical clients.
- Riverbed WAN accelerator Steelhead
- IPAM - IP address manager
- Strong Understanding of DNS
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco ISE or NAC
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- 2+ years routing protocol experience with EIGRP, BGP, OSPF.
- 2+ years Core Switch experience : Nexus 7000/5000, Catalyst 29xx/37xx
- 1+ years experience in Cisco IOS Version 12.3 and above
- 1+ years experience in Router: 28xx, 29xx, 37xx, 38xx,39xx
- 1+ years experience with Cisco VOIP, Qos, LACP, ACL, NAT, spanning-tree, 10G, VPN
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled