C&J Energy IT Systems Engineer II in Houston, Texas
Systems Engineer II:
- is responsible for a broad range of systems, security administration, and operations in a physical, virtual environment, and cloud environment.
- addresses complex technical issues and offers engineered solutions supporting the enterprise performing tasks such as technical troubleshooting, topology design and systems architecture
- works closely with department managers to analyze technology requirements, document specifications, and provide technical solutions.
- daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
- ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization;
- troubleshooting as required; leads problem-solving efforts
- capacity monitoring
- Researches and recommend innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identifies approaches that leverage existing resources and provide economies of scale.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures.
- Installs new, or rebuilds existing, servers and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Verifies data backup, replication, and testing operations are performing correctly.
- Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Actively participates in the implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities; maintains detailed technical support documentation.
- Maintains operational, configuration, and other procedures.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as temperature monitoring, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection systems.
- Operates and provides technical services for enterprise communication systems in-house and on cloud.
- Operates and provides support for enterprise package distribution and corporate directory services.
- Establishes, maintains and manages service accounts.
- Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems.
- Provides server support related to other software.
- Performs on-call responsibilities and after-hours duties as necessary.
Specific Skills & Qualifications
- Windows Server 2012
- Strong Powershell experience
- Office 365
- Storage and Backup Solutions -- Netapp, VEEAM
- Azure and Azure CLI
- Cloud Services and Applications
- Active Directory administration
Required Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Information Systems, or related field
- A+, Network+, MCSE and/or similar certificates
- 3 year(s) experience in similar role
- Experience in a comparable work environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure with interruptions and deadlines
- Strong communication, multitasking and customer service skills
Must have technical aptitude and desire to learn new skills
Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to follow-through with task completion.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled