DCP Midstream LAN Support Analyst III 600241 in Houston, Texas
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Day to Day:
The LAN Support Analyst IV role will be responsible for developing and maintaining the hardware, software and IT infrastructure. Additionally, this role will include project efforts and day to day operational support, potentially including after hour activities. This includes the local & wide area network, servers, PC’s and phone systems. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting a variety of locations.
What you will be responsible for:
- Provides customer support for various systems and hardware, including advanced troubleshooting and repairs.
- Configures and installs upgrade equipment and software, as necessary.
- Orders and tracks purchases of personal computers per guidelines and standards.
- Works with vendors and other IT professionals to design and plan solutions.
- Works in teams with other IT personnel and business users to implement computer systems and business solutions.
- Participates in setting and communicating the IT Strategy and direction for DCP within assigned area.
- Evaluates hardware and software options for PCs and recommends upgrades to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Installs and configures routers, switches and hubs as directed, with limited assistance.
- Reviews Telecom and data billing as directed, with limited assistance.
- Installs and programs desktop phones and ensures proper operation.
Requirements: * Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. * 5 years similar related job experience * 3 years related experience in maintaining a network environment. * Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task. * Ability to educate and mentor team members. * Ability to lead project efforts, with limited assistance. * Solid knowledge of PC hardware, Operating Systems and PC software, including but not limited to Windows 10, Windows7 and MS Office products. * Broad understanding of network servers, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Networks. * Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures surrounding IT, (e.g. ITIL) * Must be self-motivated: people oriented and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills. * Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record. * Local “day travel” to various facilities within assigned area. * After hours on call support. * Some weekend work activities may be required. * Overnight travel occasionally required, <20%. * Understanding of SCADA and measurement systems, is a plus but not required
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status
Job: *Information Technology
Title: LAN Support Analyst III 600241
Requisition ID: 17000316