Exterran Manager Planning and Analysis in Houston, Texas
Manager Planning and Analysis
Job Type:Full Time
Location:TX - Houston 77041 Ofc
Department:Accounting / Finance
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Holdings (NYSE: EXH) is a $2.7 billion publicly traded company with about 10,000 dedicated professionals working in more than 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent E&P and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Position Summary: Key contributor who will take a lead role in the compilation and dissemination of financial information related to the Global Products business, including assisting with the various aspects of the budgeting, forecasting, and performance analysis efforts with particular attention to gross margin, profit and financial modeling. Continuously review ITO (inquiry-to-order) and OTR (order-to-revenue) processes for improvement, optimization and standardization that enable insights into cost drivers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead role in developing, implementing and compiling operating plans and quarterly estimates for Global Products
· Lead role in development and implementation of business and financial processes in relation to Global Products.
· Collaborate with internal and external technical resources to support functional requirements for Hyperion/Essbase.
· Provide expertise and advice to optimize planning systems; includes reporting capabilities of the enterprise data warehouse as it relates to FP&A deliverables.
· Prepare and present periodic reports, budgets, forecasts, sector outlooks, balance sheet & cash flow projections, and ad hoc reports to divisional management.
· Work closely with project managers to understand project variances and impact on POC and revenue run off
· Able to support project quotation and pricing
· Ensure adequate insight and analysis for each product line, including opex, margins and SG&A and EBITDA by each product line
· Coordinate the collection and distribution of key data for Global Products working with resources in Operations, Accounting and Global Supply
· Support financial analysis for New product Introduction and cost savings initiatives
· Be finance gatekeeper for OTR processes and deliverables
· Work closely with manufacturing organization and operations finance to understand margin variances, drivers including productivity, cost of quality etc.
Required Skills or Tools:
· Process oriented, self-motivated individual with ability to collect data, define problems, interpret data with conflicting signals, establish facts and draw conclusions about actual performance.
· Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
· Good communication and presentation skills; builds effective relationships with staff, regional teams, and technology partners.
· Exposure with commercial organization and familiarity with ITO (inquiry-to-order) and OTR (order-to-revenue) processes
· Experience with Percentage of Completion (POC) accounting
· Knowledge and experience with financial and business modeling (e.g., NPV)
· A team player with ability to effectively multi-task; can function well in a matrix organization.
· Super-user of database products (Hyperion, Oracle) and MS Office
· 8 plus years’ experience in FP&A /Operations finance
· BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
· CPA and/or MBA would be helpful
Apply To This Job