CB&I Project Material Manager in Houston, Texas
Title: Project Material Manager
Location: United States-Texas-Houston
This position provides comprehensive knowledge of material control functions in the Home Office for a selected project or projects. Coordinates with the Engineering Material Control lead, requisition engineers, procurement, schedulers, expeditors and project engineers on a project. Monitors and maintains the assigned requisitions throughout the project. Experienced in material knowledge, Material Management System (MMS) experience (Smart Plant Materials), and understanding of schedules for large petrochemical projects.
- Responsible for the organizing, monitoring and inputting data into SPM from the assigned requisition engineers.
- Coordinates and assists with data input to Material Control System to the Company established standards.
- Checks inputs to Material Control System.
- Follows practices and procedures as outlined in company quality system, administrative and project execution Manuals.
- Familiarizes with established company procedures, rules and regulations, acts as liaison with other departments, vendors or organizations.
- Keeps Engineering Material Control Specialist Lead, Requisition Engineers, Project Engineering Manager and Department Manager informed concerning status of the assigned requisitions on the project.
- Utilizes plans and schedules established on the assigned projects to accomplish work to meet expectations.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Process, including improving communications for the Department or Project.
- Strives to ensure customer satisfaction, both internally and externally.
- High School
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in Material Control
- Proficiency in SmartPlant Materials
- Knowledgeable in an EDMS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
This position will office in Houston, TX 77042
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Materials Management
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: May 17, 2017, 9:33:20 AM
Requisition ID: 1705111