C&J Energy Quality Assurance Inspector SR in Houston, Texas
Job Title: Senior Quality Inspector
Company/Department: Research & Technology
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
The primary role of the Senior Quality Inspector is to program and operate the CMM and to perform a variety of inspection duties necessary to ensure that the received and manufactured product meets all quality requirements.
- Program and Operate Zeiss Contura CMM using Calypso software and perform conventional inspection of product manufactured to drawings and specifications to ensure compliance
- Evaluate first article and sample precisionmachined parts per C&J Sampling Plan and input results into SAP.
- Use a broad variety of inspection equipment necessary to ensure product meets drawing requirements.
- Perform In-House Calibrations (where applicable) and maintain calibration history and log utilizing Mic Trac 3000. Keep all calibrations in good standing whether done in-house or by a third party service.
- Interact with internal and third party quality personnel regarding inspection issues.
- Provide support to CNC machine operators in drawing interpretation.
- Provide technical support to the inspection, manufacturing and engineering departments with regard to GD&T requirements and product conformance.
- Develop, implement and revise inspection procedures as needed.
- Generate, analyze and report receiving inspection results and supplier performance verify and maintain accurate receiving, source and tool inspection records.
- Initiate and where applicable complete Non-Conformance reports (Material Rejection Notices) as required, maintain NCR log and provide guidance on NCR completions to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain QC Lab equipment and cleanliness.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to use a wide variety of inspection instruments and equipment.
- Must know how to read and interpret blueprints, understand GD&T (ASME Y14.5M). and know how to apply it to inspection plans.
- Calypso Basic and\or Advanced Certification preferred.
- Gagemaker Mic Trac knowledge
- Perform in-house calibrations of inspection tools as required.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and follow written instructions in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with teammates and supervisors.
- Must have the ability to adapt to ever changing environment.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work under pressure and react professionally to unplanned events.
- Performs extra related work as required.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and be self-motivated.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- 2 year technical degree or 2 years' of post-secondary education is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Quality Assurance and\or Industrial Metrology environment is required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of CMM operation\programming experience is preferred.
- Should have achieved a variety of applicable certifications relating to position -- preference will be given to candidates meeting this criteria.
- Must be able to pass both a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and a criminal background.
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled