Zurich NA Senior Energy Casualty Underwriter IV- AVP in Houston, Texas
Zurich is currently looking to hire a Senior Energy Casualty Underwriter IV- AVP in Houston to join the Energy Casualty team. The Senior Energy Casualty Underwriter IV- AVP will analyze and underwrite highly complex new and renewal business, under minimal direction, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework as a subject matter expert, ensuring a high level service to customers. This AVP level Underwriter will serve as a leader and mentor to the team offering technical guidance on key coverage issues and forms. The Senior Energy Casualty Underwriter IV- AVP will handle a nationwide territory and will be charged with building strong broker relationships.
High Level Influencer Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with external contacts on strategic impact matters. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition, often with vendor representatives or senior management level customers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaAND
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Specific energy casualty underwriting experience
- Advanced knowledge and practice of line/s of business
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- Ability to effectively assess risk and work in a team-based environment
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Strong presentation skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our RecruitingAgency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Senior Energy Casualty Underwriter IV- AVP*
**Requisition ID:** *1700065D*