Bristow Group Tax Director in Houston, Texas
Bristow Group, Inc. has an open position for a Tax Director based in our Corporate office in Houston, Texas.
A successful candidate for the Tax Director role should possess in-depth tax technical knowledge in U.S. and international corporate tax areas. This position will have extensive experience in corporate tax planning and compliance, as this candidate will manage the U.S. tax compliance and SEC tax reporting function for a multinational company with complex international organization with over 50 legal entities operating in over 10 countries. This position will manage 3 highly skilled tax professionals and 2 contractors.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist with development and implementation of strategies for the minimization of worldwide tax obligations;
- Manage preparation of the corporate tax provisions for inclusion in the company’s financial statements, including analysis and calculation of deferred income taxes and disclosures included in the company’s financial statements;
- Manage and supervise the timely preparation and filing of required income tax returns and related filings;
- Evaluate and monitor tax exposures;
- Responsible for designing and maintaining strong internal controls over U.S. tax function;
- Communicate periodically to Tax Director on tax planning opportunities, exposures and tax positions;
- Provide tax support to business unit operations;
- Perform tax planning and due diligence for U.S. issues related to acquisitions and dispositions;
- Research federal, state and local tax issues as needed;
- Manage the external auditor’s review of the U.S. tax provision;
- Manage the resolution of U.S. tax audits and other similar investigations;
- Manage the preparation of U.S. transfer pricing documentation and assist in the creation and implementation of transfer pricing policies;
- Assist with the tax planning for intercompany cash movement;
- Supervise and develop tax talent within the group;
- Domestic and international travel may be required;
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree/CPA preferred
- 12+ years tax experience in industry/accounting firm
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. and international corporate tax systems and structures;
- Experience in corporate tax planning and compliance in a complex international environment;
- Fluent with Excel, tax provision and compliance software packages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced negotiator
- Able to influence and persuade
- Able to build relationships and establish networks, internal and external
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent decision making
- Strategic and tactical thinker
- Strong conceptual reasoning
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Accurate and paying attention to details
- Capable of initiative and self-reliant
- Strong creativity and innovation
With its headquarters in Houston, Texas, Bristow Group is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated, and one of two helicopter service providers to the offshore energy industry with global operations. With recent acquisitions of premium regional air carriers, Bristow provides point-to-point scheduled and charter transportation services, combining fixed-wing with rotary-wing services to clients around the world. Bristow has proudly served the offshore oil transport industry in major exploration and production arenas for 60 years and has been responsible for many industry-leading technological innovations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bristow Group will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: R-0000556