C&J Energy Warehouseman I in Houston, Texas
C&J Energy Services, Inc.
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
The job of Warehouseman I provides preforms activities including but not limited to; pulling and loading orders for delivery, ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct, verifying stock and identifying discrepancies, ensuring safe operation of vehicles, maintaining an organized layout and safe work environment, and maintaining manual and electronic records of items delivered and received.
- Manage the inventory to ensure the items are accounted for and maintained in a useable condition.
- Periodically brief warehouse workers for the purpose of supporting and directing them with information concerning their job.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic documents, files, and records for the purpose of documenting activities and/or providing materials and reliable resource information.
- Train new employees and improve associate techniques on proper shipping, receiving, packaging and auditing methods.
- Processes a variety of inquires (e.g. report requests, documents, supplies, materials, deliveries, inventory, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information and/or materials to appropriate parties.
- Assist with picking, checking, loading and processing inbound, outbound and production product.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and comply with safety regulations.
- Assure that all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity and customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Communicating with other departments.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to ensure proper staffing levels, storage methods, safe and efficient equipment to perform stated activities.
- Periodically will be asked to cover for Warehouse Manager in his/her absence.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be forklift certified and able to effectively operate hand-held scanner (inventory transaction device)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled