Quest Diagnostics Rep, Imaging Tech I (Monday-Friday, weekend rotation, Nights) Irving, TX in Irving, Texas
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Rep, Imaging Tech I in our Irving, TX location.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10pm – 6:30am, 1 weekend per month
Full-time, 40 hours weekly
Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3780560
The Imaging Technician I is responsible for preparing requisitions for the scanning process.
Position Requirements: ¿ Minimal computer skills ¿ Good organizational skills ¿ Fine motor skills ¿ Understanding of requisition types ¿ Requisition handling and delivery ¿ Understanding of compliance regulations related to PHI ¿ Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to change and pursuit of continuous improvement ¿ Commitment to fulfilling internal and external customer requirements in the course of carrying out routine position responsibilities ¿ Willingness to actively contribute to a team based working environment ¿ Ability and willingness to support the goals of the department with regard to staffing needs on weekends, holidays, on call and overtime ¿ Tasks and responsibilities must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner ¿ Performance task proficiency includes but is not limited to the following manual functions:
pickup and delivery of requisitions to Imaging and Billing
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the Imaging Assistant I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing and Remote Sites working together and how they impact the quality of service to our internal and external customers.
- Identifies problems with preparing requisitions including missing labels on attachments, staples, paper clips, rubber bands, tape, ripped pages, adhesives, loose scripts etc. and is able to resolve or forward information to the Group Lead and/or Supervisor in support of timely problem resolution.
- Meets quality and production standards within 1 month of completing training.
- Completes all required written documentation such that it is understandable to others, legible and within the assigned time frame.
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines; supports the department’s performance in the event of coworker absences.
- Learns additional functions within Imaging to allow timely progression to the next level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures, including safety and compliance. **_______________________
Job Requirements/Environment 1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment. 2. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff both verbally and written. 3. Maintains composure while working under pressure. 4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take in resolving problems. 5. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics’ Core Values, safety, compliance and work process policies and procedures. 6. Works in a biohazard environment, in compliance with all applicable safety requirements. 7. Keeps work area neat and clean; complies with 5S workplace standards. 8. Able to sit, stand or walk for long periods; able to lift up to 50 lbs.; manuver large carts and/or racks with documents. 9. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive working environment. 10. Demonstrates work assignment flexibility and ability to adapt to change. 11. Must have some flexibility with regard to work schedule.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
High School or equivalent.
Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
Prefer familiarity with mainframe computer operating system.
Successful applicant must be able to sit for long periods of time. This position requires an employeewho can multi-task and assist with picking up requisitions form different areas in the Lab.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation.
Job Title: Rep, Imaging Tech I (Monday-Friday, weekend rotation, Nights) Irving, TX
Job ID: 3780560
Location: 4770 Regent Blvd
Full/Part Time: Full-Time