J-W Energy Company Engineering Technician in Longview, Texas
DescriptionJ-W Power Company, an industry leader for over 50 years, provides leasing, sales, parts and service of natural gas compression equipment, in both standard and custom packages. Our greatest asset is our culture, our people and the significant role each employee plays in the success of the organization. Experience the opportunity to grow with the largest privately-owned compression fleet organization in the United States.
Under general supervision, the Engineering Tech Mfg is responsible assisting with the safe, practical application of learned theory in design interpretation as well as “hands-on” product development of natural gas compression compressor packages and other related industrial products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:may include any or all of the following.
• Primary focus is on the design interpretation, integration and set-up of electrical circuits; electronic communication, instrumentation and control systems, programming control panels; industry specific software, and metallurgy.
• Directly involved, at an entry-level, in the development of new products, testing product designs, and improving manufacturing processes.
• Directly involved, at an entry level, with the planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating of the technical and engineering aspects of assigned projects including identifying/securing the resources and materials required for the engineering work.
• Under direct supervision, reviews project plans, drawings, and engineering specifications as well as other technical documents and provides guidance on the scope, feasibility, associated costs, timeline, milestones, etc.
• Assists with QA/QC inspections, product deliveries, packaging and storage of finished products.
• Analyze and troubleshoot equipment, programming, and design failures to determine the necessary corrective action; notifies management of any unusual design or application conditions and production or service issues.
• Maintain knowledge of the latest technological changes and operating procedures pertaining to Company equipment, tools, and practices to insure maximum production efficiency.
• Responsible for some drawing preparation, drawing checking of control, and site electrical schematics.
• Serves as the liaison with engineering and multiple internal departments to ensure the correct interpretation of the projects requirements, design and application.
• Ensures engineering activities are compliant with all applicable regulations, standards, and Company policies.
• Implements engineering procedures that align with the project requirements and ensure the safe, practical application of learned theory in design interpretation and engineering concepts.
• Perform all duties in a safe, professional manner at all times.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (COMPETENCY STATEMENTS:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret written information, write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs and present numerical data effectively.
• Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve complex and sensitive issues/problems.
• Academic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Working knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Possess the planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, and coordinate workload.
RequirementsSKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education & Experience:
• Candidate to be enrolled in University/College in the pursuant in an engineering/technologist related discipline. Oil and gas industry/product manufacturing and services experience is preferred.
• Adequate level of proficiency in Microsoft® Office Suite Applications.
• Some level of proficiency in the use of design related software applications (AutoCAD, etc.) and information systems.
Certifications & Licenses:
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. The company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform based on business necessity.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
• To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.