C&J Energy Manufacturing Manager in Missouri City, Texas
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager I
Company/Department: ESP Completion Technologies
Reports To: Product Line Manager / Director / VP
The manufacturing manager is responsible achieving production goals and maintaining a safe work environment. This includes managing the production floor staff as well as ensuring the equipment is properly maintained and functioning at an acceptable level of utilization. The main objective of the manufacturing manager is to optimize production output through effective management of the team and utilization of the equipment.
- Work with production planning functions, engineering, and the field to establish production goals and communicate to shop floor personnel.
- Ensure adequate staffing of shop floor via the following tasks: candidate selection/interviewing/hiring, training, performance evaluations, discipline, and termination. Must keep detailed written records of these activities.
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of all shop floor equipment and machinery. Maximize uptime and availability of this equipment.
- Implement and track training for shop floor personnel. This includes job specific skills as well as all safety training.
- Ensure all quality standards and processes are understood and followed by shop floor personnel. Must maintain ISO 9001 certification.
- Enforce all company safety policies and have zero OSHA recordable safety incidents. This will include generating job safety assessments (JSAs) where appropriate and communicating them to relevant personnel.
- Perform related work as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills and communication (verbal and written).
- Working knowledge of CNC machine tools.
- Understanding of Lean and 5S methodologies.
- Must be well organized with an ability to multi-task and adapt to the situation at hand. Must be able to face stressful situations with professionalism.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data with pivot tables a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- 10+ years relevant experience in a leadership or supervisory role in a machine shop environment, OR 5+ years relevant experience and a 4 year degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled