C&J Energy Quality Inspector SR. in Missouri City, Texas
Job Title: Senior Quality Inspector
Company/Department: Research & Technology/ESPCT
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary role of the Quality Inspector/CMM Operator is to perform a variety of inspection duties ensuring that the received and manufactured product meets product file and quality requirements.
- Operate Zeiss Accura CMM using Calypso software.
- Perform CMM and conventional inspection of product manufactured to drawings and specifications to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate first article and sample precision-machined parts.
- Use a broad variety of inspection equipment.
- Interact with internal and third party quality personnel regarding GR&R and inspection issues.
- Provide support to CNC machine operators in drawing interpretation.
- Provide technical support to the inspection, manufacturing and engineering departments with regard to GD&T requirements and product conformance.
- Develop, implement and revise inspection procedures as needed.
- Generate, analyze and report receiving inspection results and supplier performance verify and maintain accurate receiving, source and tool inspection records.
- Initiate and where applicable complete Non-Conformance reports (Material Rejection Notices) as required
- Document and report inspection findings and results and monitors corrective actions to inspection findings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to use a wide variety of standard inspection instruments and equipment.
- Must know how to read and interpret blueprints, understand GD&T (ASME Y14.5M) and know how to apply it to inspection plans in CMM software.
- Calypso Basic and\or Advanced Operator Certification preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and follow written instructions in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with teammates and supervisors.
- Must have the ability to adapt to ever changing environment.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work under pressure and react professionally to unplanned events.
- Performs extra related work as required.
- Some overtime may be required.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of CMM operation\programming experience is preferred.
- Should have achieved a variety of applicable certifications relating to position -- preference will be given to candidates meeting this criteria.
- Must be able to pass both a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and a criminal background.
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled