J-W Energy Company Compressor Service Technician in N.E. Texas or N.W. Louisiana, Texas
TitleCompressor Service Technician
CityN.E. Texas or N.W. Louisiana
DescriptionJ-W Power Company, an industry leader for over 50 years, provides leasing, sales, parts and service of natural gas compression equipment, in both standard and custom packages. Our greatest asset is our culture, our people and the significant role each employee plays in the success of the organization. Experience the opportunity to grow with the largest privately-owned compression fleet organization in the United States.
This position is responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and overhauling natural gas compressor packages in the field or shop. Responsibilities also include installing, commissioning and testing complete compressor package setups on site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs scheduled preventive and corrective field mechanical service on gas compression units.
• Represents the company in a professional manner at all times and provides outstanding customer service while performing all assigned tasks.
• Responsible for submitting accurate maintenance reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily.
• Inventory control – manages the supply, storage and accessibility of parts as well as tools in order to insure an adequate supply to do the work without excessive oversupply or shrinkage.
• Diagnose engine/compressor failures accurately and efficiently.
• Conduct timely rebuilds/overhauls of compressors, engines and controls on gas compressor packages in the field or shop.
• Respond to recurring problems and emergency services, as needed.
• Helps coordinate setting of new units and conducts start-up testing.
• Other duties may include mechanical as well as electrical assignments in regards to natural gas compressor systems and their appliances.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience are required. A minimum of one year in a vocational/technical training or apprenticeship program is preferred.
Some limited proficiency with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
• Proven knowledge of machines and tools, materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of compression units.
• Motivated self-starter capable of working independently and efficiently with little or no supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Proven ability to write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Demonstrated ability to provide personal customer service and satisfaction. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Proven ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Proven ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Proven ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions.
• Proven ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes.