Hunting Energy Services - Subsea Technologies PURCHASING SUPERVISOR - PAMPA HR7-00089 in PAMPA, Texas
PURCHASING SUPERVISOR - PAMPA HR7-00089
Under supervision from the Division General Manager (or designee) and guidance from the Senior Manager of Supply Chain Management, coordinates and executes the purchasing function in the acquisition of equipment, materials, supplies and services by performing and overseeing the following duties and responsibilities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports and promotes a safe working environment consistent with industry, government and company policies and practices.
- Supervises a team of local and off-site Purchasing Coordinators supporting a multi-site manufacturing operation.
- Through timely analysis of market and supplier delivery capabilities, assesses present and future material or service availability and provides insight and recommendations to management for necessary adjustments to cost, lead times and inventory.
- Reviews and complies with latest version of the Delegation of Authority signature guidelines, as published and revised by the CFO and approved by the President.
- Coordinates and negotiates purchase of materials and services for the division to ensure availability and leverage cost in consideration of current inventories and forecasted demand.
- Owns and manages Approved Supplier List and required approval back up documentation (i.e. publication, revision control, approvals, supplier addition or removal).
- Works closely and aligns with Supply Chain Management to leverage companywide spend in identified or key categories.
- Works with engineering to verify product quality compliance with any potential suppliers or manufacturers.
- Coordinates with Division General Manager (or designee) to align and prioritize duties.
- Reviews open purchase order line item reports and proactively expedites suppliers to insure on-time deliveries.
- Reviews Supplier Non Conformance reports and/or rating to determine supplier’s quality performance as guidance for recognition, quality improvement action plans or removal from approved supplier list.
- Proactively develops new supply sources where a supplier’s on-time delivery, quality or cost is inadequate or non-competitive.
- Verifies clarity of specifications on purchase requests.
- Works closely with Material and Inventory Control Management to optimize stock levelsbased on availability and consideration of the demand forecast.
- In accordance with procurement policy/guidelines, insures that adequate quotes/bids are obtained, purchase justification documented, deliveries are aligned to required dates, and other required purchase information is obtained and documented.
- Consistently leverages cost, reviews compliance to specifications, aligns supplier delivery to required delivery dates, and awards contracts or places purchase orders with approved suppliers.
- Prepares purchase orders, maintains purchase order files, transmits copy of Purchase Order to supplier and transmits copy of Purchase Order to department originating request.
- Resolves vendor and contractor grievances and ensures claims/credits against suppliers are obtained.
- Consistently reviews, documents and implements best purchasing practices.
- In conjunction with Division Management and Supply Chain Management, implements key metrics for purchasing department and suppliers to accurately measure performance in accordance with departmental and company objectives (i.e. supplier quality, supplier on-time delivery, Percentage PPV to Standard, MRP lead time accuracy, purchase request to purchase order, supplier invoice receipt to payment cycle, discrepant invoice DDIO, target cost/lead-time reduction objectives, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawing, specifications, contracts, terms and conditions, etc.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages.
- Able to apply common sense and understanding in carrying out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form.
- Proven problem resolution skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications Suite with emphasis on Excel and Word
- Experience with ERP/MRP software systems; preferably Made 2 Manage
- Experience with developing and documenting formal purchasing department procedures
- Must have valid driver's licence and record that conforms to company's insurance policies.
- Must not have any personal or legal travel restrictions.
- Able to travel as required.
- Familiar with manufacturing workplace terminology
- Able to manage and work with people with professionalism while accomplishing assigned tasks
- Must be a good listener.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Must possess good telephone etiquette.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to arrange for regular and reliable attendance
Apply for this vacancy
Job Type: Production/Machining/Maintenance
Business Unit: HES - Titan (USA)
Employment Type: Permanent
Ref No.: HR7-00089
Number of positions: 1
Closing Date: 30 November 2017