Macy's Retail Cosmetics Sales - IMPULSE Beauty Artist and Sales Advisor, Full Time: Pearland, TX, Macy’s Pearland in Pearland, Texas
We are currently seeking dynamic, highly-motivated Beauty Artist and Sales Advisor who has a passion for the artistry of cosmetics and the motivation to drive sales in the newest, fast paced, open-sell environment with niche beauty brands. As a Macy’s IMPULSE Beauty Artist and Sales Advisor, you will use your artistry, skills of superior product knowledge and passion for make-up and skin care to work in one of our most vibrant and exciting departments. As a Macy’s IMPULSE Beauty Artist and Sales Advisor, you will assist customers with the cosmetics artistry through a one-on-one customer relationship demonstrating expertise and passion for some of the most vibrant Cosmetics lines today such as Benefit, Tarte, Smashbox, Bare Escentuals and Urban Decay. Through client development, you will build lasting customer relationships and help you to achieve personal and team selling and productivity goals.
- Meet and make a connection with customers; initiate service consultations by asking open-ended questions to learn the customers' preferences and buying/service needs
- Take initiative to present and sell merchandise in a professional and proficient manner through artistry, product demonstration focusing on the features and benefits of the product line
- Inspire the customer to buy, celebrate the purchase, and create a lasting positive impression of you, Macy's, and the purchase
- Drive sales by consistently traffic stopping and demonstrating exceptional Selling Skills, ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Develop new business and expand client base through customer “word of mouth” fostered by a positive shopping experience
- Communicate with Counter Manager and Sales Manager on ways to help drive the business
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to build customer relationships and loyalty through personal interaction and maintenance of a client file.
- Communicate with the Cosmetic Counter Manager regarding stock needs, customer preferences, and special events
- Participate and utilize store and vendor training to elevate product knowledge and application techniques
- Ensure that all merchandise, testers, hygiene standards and demonstration stations are maintained and set to company standards
- Ensure merchandising and operational standards are upheld and in compliance with Macys Impulse Beauty expectations
- Attend and actively participate in vendor meetings, seminars, schools, and other product knowledge and business- driving opportunities
- Perform other customer facing duties as needed
Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
o Prior Cosmetics sales related experience and/or training o Proven experience in the development and utilization of a client base
- Language Skills o Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of management o Demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical Skills o Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. o Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability o Ability to meet or exceed sales, customer service, and loyalty program standards o Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task o Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. o Present a professional image consistent with Macy's brand values.
- Physical Demands o May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders. o May have to reach above eye level o Position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Other skills o Embraces change in technology – Tech savvy, mobile and new media awareness o Enthusiastic, friendly, positive energy o Exceptional ability to develop relationships solves problems, use good judgment and influence customers/co-workers. o Proven ability to set and achieve goals o Must enjoy working with people in a team environment
- Work Hours o Available to work a flexible schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
This Macy's location utilizes an innovative way of planning work schedules, allowing an associate to participate more in managing availability and setting preferences for work times. This enables our associates to address their need for flexibility in meeting both personal and work obligations. Details on My Schedule Plus are available during the interview process.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Pearland
Job: Cosmetics Sales
Req ID: 71782519