Siemens MindSphere Software Engineer - Advanced in Plano, Texas
MindSphere Software Engineer - Advanced
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 209373
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated
software products to support full life-cycle digital design and
manufacturing. This position contributes to developing and delivering
the City Solutions that will be based on MindSphere, a cloud based IoT
platform and application suite.
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team,
delivering commercial solutions targeted towards Holistic
Digitalization of Cities across the world, to help improve Resource
Efficiency, Productivity & Sustainability. The cross domain City
Solutions will be based on MindSphere Platform, MindApps and other
applications as needed. These Solutions will support establishing
MindSphere as the Operating System for City Infrastructure across
various domains such as Energy, Power, Transportation, Ports, Airports,
Logistics, Building Technologies, Healthcare etc.
As a high-performing member of the team, you will be expected to
design, develop and test. As a member of the team, you may also take
on roles related to test framework design, dev ops solution, etc.
depending on the needs of the team and your ability to contribute.
Design and development of the features and modules for City Solutions,
working closely with stake holders and development teams to ensure
delivery of a high quality product.
• Design software solutions based on requirements and architectural
• Implement features and/or bug-fixes in accordance with coding
• Deliver solution in a fully automated continuous integration approach
and on-time withhigh quality
• Identify and implement unit / integration tests to ensure solution
addresses customer requirements, quality and security requirements of
• Perform code review and create/ support for relevant documentation
• Ensure integration and submission of solution into software
configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines.
• Perform regular technical coordination / review with stake holders
and ensure timely reporting and escalations if any.
• Provide software estimates, own responsibility for technical
• Support scrum master in effort planning, ensuring risk identification
and initiating steps towards risk mitigation.
• Proactive contribution to the team as a whole to ensure a product is
delivered successfully and with high quality
• Continuous learning and growing
• Mentoring and teaching other team members in your areas of expertise
• Work closely with different global MindSphere team to be able to
effectively design, build & deliver City Solutions
• Support and enable the field with Commercial and Partner Solutions,
so that they can effectively sell and deploy
Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or other
supplemented with real world programming experience
• Software Development Experience – 4+ years
• Web/Cloud Development Experience – 1+ years
• Agile Process Experience – 1+ years
• Experience in web application development with knowledge of
Angular JS, JSON
• Good analytical, debugging and tracing skills.
• Ability to learn / dive in into the technology trends and to explore
them in practice to implement PoC
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Self-Directed, High Energy
• Experience in providing technical leadership to multiple teams
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with TDD and excellent understanding of automated testing
• Experience in IOT and big data & analytics
• Experience in Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, Hadoop, MongoDB, and Micro
Services knowledge will added advantage.
• Experience working with unit testing frameworks like JUnit, Selenium,
• Bring something special to the team, like: Success as a technical
leader, project leader, supervisor, dev ops, testing framework design,
major test initiative design, or scrum master and a willingness to use
this experience/skill to make the team stronger
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .