Siemens MindSphere Software Engineer - Principal in Plano, Texas
MindSphere Software Engineer - Principal
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 209368
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated
software products to support full life-cycle digital design and
manufacturing. This position contributes to developing and delivering
the City Solutions that will be based on MindSphere, a cloud based IoT
platform and application suite.
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team,
delivering commercial solutions targeted towards Holistic
Digitalization of Cities across the world, to help improve Resource
Efficiency, Productivity & Sustainability. The cross domain City
Solutions will be based on MindSphere Platform, MindApps and other
applications as needed. These Solutions will support establishing
MindSphere as the Operating System for City Infrastructure across
various domains such as Energy, Power, Transportation, Ports, Airports,
Logistics, Building Technologies, Healthcare etc.
As a high-performing member of the team, you will be expected to
design, develop and test. As a member of the team, you may also take
on roles related to test framework design, dev ops solution, etc.
depending on the needs of the team and your ability to contribute.
Defining the overall architecture and design of the generalized
MindSphere City Solutions, based on the requirements and needs; working
with other architects in the team
• Engage with Solution Architects, Product Owners and Development for
detailed definition and refinement of the Solution.
• Design and Development of SW and the associated test automation based
on roughly predetermined architectures for a globally available
cloud-based platform, together with colleagues in worldwide distributed
• Proactive contribution to the team as a whole to ensure a product is
delivered successfully and with high quality
• Continuous learning and growing
• Mentoring and teaching other team members in your areas of expertise
• Works with minimal supervision on highly complex projects
• Has technical expertise, customer & field interactions skills
• Participation in hiring interviews
• Work closely with different global MindSphere team to be able to
effectively design, build & deliver City Solutions
• Interact with Regional / Country-based peers in the Cities
organization and stakeholders from other organizations such as sales,
• Support and enable the field with Commercial and Partner Solutions,
so that they can effectively sell and deploy
Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or other
supplemented with real world programming experience
• Software Development Experience – 10+ years
• Web/Cloud Development Experience – 3+ years
• Agile Process Experience – 2+ years
• Experience in providing technical leadership to multiple teams
• Sound Experience in analyzing requirements and design solutions using
Java and J2EE frameworks like JSF, JPA/Hibernate, RESTful and SOAP Web
• Knowledge in OOAD and Design patterns and experience working with
modeling languages like UML
• Sound Experience in web application development with knowledge of
• Working knowledge of best patterns and practices for object oriented
design and development
• Ability to learn / dive in into the technology trends and to explore
them in practice to implement PoC
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Self-Directed, High Energy
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with TDD and excellent understanding of automated testing
• Experience in IOT and big data & analytics
• Experience in Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, Hadoop, MongoDB, and Micro
Services knowledge will added advantage.
• Experience enhancing Open Source software
• Experience in one of the following industries related to
digitization: Energy Management, Power Systems, Transportation, Ports,
Airport systems, Logistics, Building Technologies, Healthcare etc.
• Bring something special to the team, like: Success as a technical
leader, project leader, supervisor, dev ops, testing framework design,
major test initiative design, or scrum master and a willingness to use
this experience/skill to make the team stronger
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .