Siemens Mindsphere Software Engineering Manager in Plano, Texas
Mindsphere Software Engineering Manager
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 209359
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated
software products to support full life-cycle digital design and
manufacturing. This position contributes to developing and delivering
the City Solutions that will be based on MindSphere, a cloud based IoT
platform and application suite.
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team,
delivering commercial solutions targeted towards Holistic
Digitalization of Cities across the world, to help improve Resource
Efficiency, Productivity & Sustainability. The cross domain City
Solutions will be based on MindSphere Platform, MindApps and other
applications as needed. These Solutions will support establishing
MindSphere as the Operating System for City Infrastructure across
various domains such as Energy, Power, Transportation, Ports, Airports,
Logistics, Building Technologies, Healthcare etc.
As a high-performing member of the team, you will act as the scrum
master of an agile team and make sure that theteam delivers high
The Scrum Master is the end-to-end responsible for the success of the
project w.r.t. functionality, quality, time and budget
• Track set goals for the project and initiates
• Plan, track, report and control the project progress, interfacing
with stakeholders at various levels.
• Supports the overall system’s risk management and configuration /
• Perform scrum rituals - planning, daily scrum meetings, retrospective
• Drive effort estimation, work allocation and scheduling of
• Deliver, on-time, at appropriate level of quality.
• Address impediments and conduct corrective actions in case of
• Proactive contribution to the team as a whole to ensure a product is
delivered successfully and with high quality
• Continuous learning and growing
• Work closely with different global MindSphere steam to be able to
effectively deliver City Solutions
• Support and enable the field with Commercial and Partner Solutions,
so that they can effectively sell and deploy
• Very close interaction with Solution Definition experts, Solution
Architects and development team to have a valuable and successful
• Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or other
supplemented with real world programming experience
• Software Development and/or Services implementation – 10+ years
• Web/Cloud Development Experience – 3+ years
• Agile Process Experience – 2+ years
• Strong knowledge and experience with project management methods,
techniques and tools.
• Sound knowledge of PLM processes.
• Should have strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• Must possess excellent communication, presentation, moderation and
• Should be assertive, open and proactive in collaborating across
• Should be people-oriented and demonstrate motivational /
• Ability to learn / dive in into the technology trends and to explore
them in practice to implement PoC
• Able to work well in a teamenvironment
• Self-Directed, High Energy
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 3+ years’ experience of working in a global R&D environment
• 3+ years’ experience in collaboration with near- and off-shoring
• Experience in IoT technologies (devices, sensors) & solutions
• Experience in Big Data and Analytics tools & techniques
• Experience in AWS, Azure, Hadoop and Micro Services knowledge will be
• Bring something special to the team, like: demonstrated leadership
abilities, dev ops expertise, testing design expertise, a burning
desire to innovate
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .