Siemens MindSphere Technical Product Manager - Senior in Plano, Texas
MindSphere Technical Product Manager - Senior
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 209367
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated
software products to support full life-cycle digital design and
manufacturing. This position contributes to the development & delivery
of City Solutions based on MindSphere, a cloud based IoT platform and
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team,
delivering commercial solutions targeted towards Holistic
Digitalization of Cities across the world, to help improve Resource
Efficiency, Productivity & Sustainability. The cross domain City
Solutions will be based on MindSphere Platform, MindApps and other
applications as needed. These Solutions will support establishing
MindSphere as the Operating System for City Infrastructure across
various domains such as Energy, Power, Transportation, Ports, Airports,
Logistics, Building Technologies, Healthcare etc.
One of the key aspects is development of System Integration partners
for the purposes of one or more of the following: Developing some City
Specific Features, Solution Deployment, Configuration & support
activities. This position is required to develop such partnerships, and
also support the Cities initiative team on related activities.
The candidate will have a very active role to build relationships
with System Integration Partners.
• Will liaise with SI Partners and get agreed partnership scoping on
one or more of the following, based on the partnership being
o Solutions / features to be built by the SI Partner
o Solution Deployment, configuration & support to be provided by the SI
Partner to the end customer
• Define a business model between Siemens and the partner
• Provide business and technical feedback to the partner
• Will maintain on going relationships with SI Partners and make sure
that they are delivering the agreed scope
• Support joint enablement and marketing activities with the SI Partner
• Represent SI partner needs and function as a conduit between the
partner and MindSphere teams – Platform, Cities, and Marketing etc.
• Works with minimal supervision on highly complex projects
• Has technical expertise, customer & field interactions skills
• Expert knowledge of customer and system integration approaches
• Work closely with different global MindSphere team to be able to
effectively plan and build deliverables for City Solutions
• Interact with Regional / Country-based peers in the Cities
organization and stakeholders from other organizations such as sales,
• Support and enable the field with Commercial and Partner Solutions,
so that they can effectively sell and deploy
Bachelors and/or Master’s degree: Computer Science, Engineering, or
other supplemented with real world experience
• 10-15 years in software product development, technology sales,
marketing working with large customers in a product or project
management role responsible for preparing and delivering internal and
customer facing presentations and preparing, presenting and justifying
financial investments through a business plan.
• 5+ years Cross Organization engagement (Development, Sales, Services,
• Business Acumen, Customer Orientation, Self-Directed, High Energy
• Developing strategic visions for products and solutions
• Authoringwhite papers, positioning documents, marketing
• Working with partners for development of integrations
• Technical Knowledge: multi-tier distributed architecture, enterprise
software and related
• Web/Cloud Technology Experience – 3+ years
• Practical knowledge/general experience: Product lifecycle management,
Project management, 3rd party relationship management, business plans
and revenue projections, enterprise integrations development.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 5+ years’ experience of working in a global R&D environment
• 5+ years’ experience in collaboration with near- and off-shoring
• Experience in IoT technologies (devices, sensors) & solutions
• Experience in Big Data and Analytics tools & techniques
• Experience in one of the following industries related to
digitization: Energy Management, Power Systems, Transportation, Ports,
Airport systems, Logistics, Building Technologies, Healthcare etc
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .