Abbott Technical Writer (Ops - Document Control) in Plano, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Job Summary : Briefly state the main purpose and scope of the job.
Working under general supervision, exercises direct supervision over the system for creating/changing company documents, Engineering Change Order (ECO) process work flows related to the creation, incorporation, and release of documentation. Exercises judgment in planning, organizing and performing work. Trains and mentors subordinates and site personnel in the use and application of the company’s documentation system tools and practices that enable them to effectively perform their jobs within the multi-site organization. Promotes the process of continuous quality improvement and coordinates solutions for administrative and personnel issues. Troubleshoots complex problems. Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Assists employees in understanding and compliance with St. Jude Medical policies and practices.
Job Duties : List the significant/essential duties, tasks or responsibilities which employees in this position are required to perform.
• Oversees the system responsible for creating and releasing company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Departmental Work Instructions (DWI).
• Maintains a safe working environment.
• Trains and supports personnel in the use of QuickSilver (Interleaf)/Broadvision Publishing and other technical publication software used.
• Writes/revises Document Control Departmental Work Instructions (DWI’s) and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Defines and allocates Technical Publications resources needed to meet established project schedules.
• Establishes functional goals, strategies, and tactics to assure optimal customer service.
• Aids in the preparation of budgets as related to Technical Publications.
• Designs forms and new formats which are used as templates for controlled and development documentation.
• Incorporates ECOs relating to special projects.
• Interfaces with the Information Technology (IT) groups supporting the software and hardware used by Technical Publications.
• Trains users on the company’s documentation system.
• Evaluates software upgrades.
• Provides limited QuickSilver/Broadvision support to non-departmental users.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, as well as industry trends.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Qualifications : Describe the minimum education and experience, including knowledge, skills and abilities, required to successfully perform the job. List any certificates, license, and/or registrations required.
• An Associate of Arts Degree in Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent. A relevant bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Typically a minimum of six or more years of progressively more responsible document control. experience using such applications as QuickSilver/Broadvision Desktop Publishing or the equivalent.
• Must have broad cross-disciplinary and in-depth knowledge and experience applying document control concepts and practices.
• The demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and productively with others.
• The ability to meet deadlines on multiple assignments/projects
• Demonstrated verbal and written analytical/problem solving, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and relevant math skills are essential.
• Must be able to understand and comply with applicable FDA regulations and company operating procedures, processes, policies, and rules.
• Demonstrated personal computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, data base management, and specialized applications that support the Site’s documentation processes.
• Experience with Electronic Documentation systems management or use preferred.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Texas : 6901 Preston Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews