FirstService Residential Fitness Center Attendant in Providence Village, Texas
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The Fitness Center Attendant is responsible for overseeing Fitness Center, ensuring authorized resident and guest use only together with a safe and enjoyable experience. The Fitness Center Attendant consistently exceeds resident expectations and provides the highest levels of product and services, including superior customer service.
- Responsible for overseeing the Fitness Center.
Provide excellent customer service:
Provides superior customer service at all times.
- Greets all residents and guests and answers questions in a polite and courteous manner. If Attendant is scheduled for a shift, they will also be responsible for signing in residents on appropriate form.
- Ensures reservation process is smooth and those who have made reservations are able to use the facility as promised without negatively impacting other owners.
Responsible for Access & Control of Fitness Center:
Monitors access and ensures authorized resident and guest use only.
- Enforces guest restrictions held by the association.
- Enforces Fitness Center rules such as guest policies, as directed by supervisor.
Responsible for ensuring a safe environment for staff, residents, and guests:
Maintains a safe work environment according to company policy and procedure.
- As appropriate, provides guidance to Fitness Center users in order to help prevent accidents and ensure that safety regulations are being followed.
- Cautions people behaving in an unsafe manner.
- Places signs or barriers to warn of dangerous conditions or areas and makes sure users are aware of potential dangers.
- Maintains awareness of any suspicious behavior in and around the Fitness Center and reports any concerns to emergency services and supervisor as appropriate.
- Coordinates the closure of the Fitness Center with supervisor in the event of an emergency.
Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment and aesthetics of the Fitness Center:
Completes opening checklist as applicable.
- Checks to make sure restrooms are clean and ready for the correct volume of guests and report any issues to supervisor.
- Keeps Fitness Center area clean, neat, and orderly, including wiping down machines, taking out trash, racking of weights, etc.
- Ensures that parking lot and surrounding areas are kept free of debris and litter.
Responsible for preparing and maintaining daily reporting for Fitness Centerity:
Contacts supervisor in the event of an emergency. Reports incidents to supervisor and/or other authorities/emergency services. Records any concerns in the Daily Activity Report (DAR).
- Completes a Daily Activity Report (DAR) for every shift worked and provides same to supervisor (via email, mail or hand delivery) within 12 hours of shift.
- Completes and submits an incident report to address any issue where a patron was removed for safety or behavior issues or where police were called to the property.
- Other: Demonstrates First Service's core values of doing what's right, owning it, improving it, aiming high, building great relationships and being genuinely helpful. Performs other job-related duties as directed.
Operating Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required together with 1-2 years of experience in customer service
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate.
- Able to work flexible hours to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Passionate about hospitality, service-oriented, and customer service driven. Demonstrates respect for all guests at all times. Takes pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun. Demonstrates positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous. Extrovert, quick and critical thinker, witty, personable, and articulate. Able to take direction.
- CPR and/or first-aid certification preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled